Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Avery101

Doorbell doesn’t play back videos

My doorbell was working find but now it doesn’t play back videos. It just takes pictures. How do I fix this? Please help 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Doorbell doesn’t play back videos

Did the trial period on your subscription run out?  Without a subscription you only get one still image for each event.

Even with the trial subscription, I have a Floodlight Camera that seems to have problems uploading the videos, so while the event shows that it's a 12 second video, trying to play it back just shows a still image.  Clicking the gear icon in the bottom right corner of the image displays  a message that says something to the effect of, "Failed to upload to cloud".

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Carlyle
Reel Rookie

After the initial fourteen days form when a Roku camera is setup the promo subscription expires, and only taking pictures of events is a limitation of the free service. 

0 Kudos
Ma71101

This holds true even if you have a memory card installed? 

0 Kudos
Carlyle
Reel Rookie

It is my understanding that you can record to the memory card, but lack the ability to view it directly through the camera. So one would need to remove the card from the camera to play the video. I would love to be wrong about this. 

0 Kudos