Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CN22285
Channel Surfer

App issues for indoor cameras

A couple of days ago I noticed things about the smart home app seem different on my phone but there wasn’t an update. The live feed screen is mostly what’s off to me. It shows the word live in a red square on the top right, there’s an arrow to expand the screen on the bottom right, and it take several second for the date and time to pop up, and the time is behind from the time on my phone, also the way it zooms in and out and on the screen. It looks like it does on my tv. Honestly, I don’t like it. An issue that started a couple days ago also is that I’m not getting notifications on my iPhone about events my camera captures. Like if there is someone on camera right now. It still records the event, but doesn’t notify me. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app several times, signed out and back in several times, restarted my phone, restarted my router as advised by a Roku rep on chat, the only thing I haven’t done because it doesn’t make sense to me, is to delete and reinstall each camera. How is it that all four cameras are having a problem at the exact time and that I need to delete and reinstall them? Maybe I’m just being stubborn, but something about the app just seems wrong to me. 

10 REPLIES 10
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: App issues for indoor cameras

Hi @CN22285,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We would be happy to help you further with the problem you were having with the Roku smart home app, which was not able to notify you when it detected motion. Please make sure the camera firmware and the Roku Smart Home app are up to date. Verify that push notifications are turned "on." Confirm that you can receive notifications on your phone from the Roku Smart Home app. Check the permissions of your Android or Apple app.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CN22285
Channel Surfer

I’ve done all that, everything is up to date and turned on. I’m not the only person having this issue. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CN22285,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We would like to gather more details to investigate this issue you had with the Roku smart home app. Could you provide us with the app version?

Confirm if there aren’t any scheduled Rules that might affect notifications by following the steps below.

1. Tap the [...] at the top of the Roku Smart Home app
  2. Tap Edit Rules.
  3. It should bring up a list of any rules that the user has created.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

Regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CN22285
Channel Surfer

I have Version 3.0.0 of the app. I don’t have any rules scheduled either. I was receiving notifications again up until 10 minutes ago. My phone died and when I had enough charge to turn on all the smart home notifications say that I’ve been signed out of my account and to sign back in. If I tap the notification it takes me to the event that was recorded. I signed out and signed back in but the notifications still say I was signed out and to sign back in. 

0 Kudos
jglr3
Reel Rookie

Same Problems 

jglr3
Reel Rookie

done the same , problem still there 

Zeltarius
Reel Rookie

I am also having this issue, everything is up to date, the app has full permissions on my phone, notifications and everything is turned on. Still not getting any.

0 Kudos
Zeltarius
Reel Rookie

Yeah, I pay monthly for the ability to get notified when something triggers my cameras. Its not doing that now so why am I paying for a service that doesnt work. Im just going to cancel.

0 Kudos
FC75
Streaming Star

The app was updated today and I’m still having issues with the indoor camera. My outside camera is fine, but we are having issues with the indoor camera. My app version 3.0.1 (0)

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.