Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cleverof
Reel Rookie

Android tablet can't connect to camera as of Tuesday 7/23

Actually 2 of my tablets with older Android operating systems won't connect to any of my 3 Roku cameras as of yesterday.  I'm receiving error -20.  Newer tablets and my Android phones can to all 3 cameras. Did Roku change the minimum Android OS?

Also and possibly related, one of my TVs with Roku express attached won't connect to my 3 cameras. An identical TV with the a Roku express attached can connect to all 3 of my cameras. This just started this morning. 

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Android tablet can't connect to camera as of Tuesday 7/23

Hi @Cleverof,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We want to further investigate this issue that you had with the Android tablets since it was not able to connect with your Roku cameras. Could you provide us with the Android version of your Android tablets? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cleverof
Reel Rookie

Re: Android tablet can't connect to camera as of Tuesday 7/23

Hi JohnB -

Thanks for your reply.  One piece of good news is that my second issue with the Roku Camera app on the TV was fixed by you guys with a new update to the Camera app.

So regarding my issue where the 2 Android tablets can no longer connect to any of my 3 indoor cameras, they are both on Android 7 OS. They were able to connect until last week. I've Uninstalled the Smart home app and reinstalled it (from Playstore) but no change. I'm receiving error -20.

My guess is that you've changed the minimum Android OS to something higher than 7.0 -can you confirm this?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.