Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geekyipman
Reel Rookie

How can I live stream my Roku smart cameras on my desktop?

Jump to solution

The crazy thing is the roku cameras already have a ip address on your own network so my question to them would be why cant we access the camera via web ip address it's the same if u used spectrum or att or other internet providers default ip address to access your router to change your SSID or PASSWORD we all know they can but will they

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How can I live stream my Roku smart cameras on my desktop?

Jump to solution

Hi @Geekyipman,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku community!

We're happy to assist you with your inquiries. Please be aware that you will only be able to view a live stream of your Roku Smart Home cameras with the Roku Smart Home mobile app or within the Roku Camera channel on a Roku device. As an alternative, you can try to download the Roku Smart Home app to your Windows or Mac device. Many suggested some apps, such as BlueStacks App Player, which allows Android applications to run on computers running Microsoft Windows or macOS. Also, Roku handles all customer personal data in accordance with its privacy policy. Roku does not have the ability to access your router to change your SSID or password either.

If you have more inquiries, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Geekyipman,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku community!

We're happy to assist you with your inquiries. Please be aware that you will only be able to view a live stream of your Roku Smart Home cameras with the Roku Smart Home mobile app or within the Roku Camera channel on a Roku device. As an alternative, you can try to download the Roku Smart Home app to your Windows or Mac device. Many suggested some apps, such as BlueStacks App Player, which allows Android applications to run on computers running Microsoft Windows or macOS. Also, Roku handles all customer personal data in accordance with its privacy policy. Roku does not have the ability to access your router to change your SSID or password either.

If you have more inquiries, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.