Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zorro1953
Streaming Star

Always On - Auto Restart - Roku Smart Home Cameras

Jump to solution

I have a wall mounted TV with a Roku Stick connected, and the Roku Smart Home channel added. I would like the ability to have the camera app be the ONLY app on this particular Roku device - in other words, the TV is dedicated to surveillance monitoring. No one is ever going to watch Netflix, wallpaper and screensavers not needed. And if the power goes off or the Roku device restarts, that it automatically reopen the Smart Home channel. And even better, would be if it could display up to 4 live cams at the same time on the screen. If so, I could then eliminate my old tired worn out wired camera system with an actual hard disk inside and 20 miles or wires running through my attic and other places. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Always On - Auto Restart - Roku Smart Home Cameras

Jump to solution

Pretty much none of that is possible.  If you want to have the Cameras channel/app be the only channel/app on your Roku device then you'll have to create a Roku account dedicated to that purpose and remove all other channels/apps, but there's no way to have it start up and automatically display a camera or display more than one camera at a time.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Always On - Auto Restart - Roku Smart Home Cameras

Jump to solution

Pretty much none of that is possible.  If you want to have the Cameras channel/app be the only channel/app on your Roku device then you'll have to create a Roku account dedicated to that purpose and remove all other channels/apps, but there's no way to have it start up and automatically display a camera or display more than one camera at a time.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos