Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GuestUser1
Reel Rookie

Re: Camera is slow and disconnecting after the recent update.

Jump to solution

No solution. MicroSD Card requires re-formatting on PC every time card is filled up. Failed firmware update re-formats SD card and camera will then not be able to recognize installed card, will only recognize it after it's been formatted on PC! Audio is still extremely low even when volume is at 100% on mobile devices. Audio is accompanied by loud static sound, previous perfectly working firmware had loud audio and faint static noise. Live video feed constantly freezes for several seconds at a time. Shame Roku decided to destroy their smarthome line.

reptem1970
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yeah it's extremely bizarre from a business perspective. The cameras and service have always had their issues but nothing as bad as this.

The cameras actually stop recording for hours at a time even though they are powered on and look like they are working so I'm sure many people don't even know there's a problem.

It's very dangerous from a security standpoint. I found a work around setting a schedule doing restarts and turning the cameras off and back on every two hours that keeps them functioning but I lose a minute every two hours and this shouldn't of ever happened and should have been fixed.

I went with Arlo because I can't trust Roku anymore but still play with them since I have them. Very disappointed though. Changed my opinion on all their products for sure. I will never buy another Roku product and was a loyal customer for years.

mlm44
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I have also lost whatever faith I had in Roku. Will be replacing my Roku smart home devices over time and also dumping the streamers for Apple TV. My patience is long gone.

reptem1970
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Agreed

0 Kudos

Re: UNRESOLVED Re: Firmware 6.0.0 build-32-FD

Jump to solution

My camera keeps missing alerts since the update it don’t always record when there is someone walking by the camera. It’s been driving me nuts and then also it disconnects a lot and I gotta reconnect it. Then always gotta turn the sound back on. I didn’t have to do any of that with the other version this update sucks! Needs fixed asap! We rely on this to work correctly for so many safety reasons. 

0 Kudos
mattpc80
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is the exact problem everyone is going through, and support literally disconnects or hangs up the second you mention anything about the firmware update. 

0 Kudos
FC75
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Wow! They hung up?? And there’s still no fix , and I just got charged my monthly subscription for it. I really don’t want to go to another company and buy new cameras but this is ridiculous 

0 Kudos
jschonauer
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I made a full switch to WYZE. If you have TikTok and trust TikTok shop Wyze has there on store on it, if your familiar with TikTok Wyze does lives and does deals on there items in there showcase they do flash deals (they take a percentage off the item for around 5-10mins) there support is also a-lot better thank Roku! Plus Wyze has a subscription with unlimited cams for a 100 a year, which Wyze gives you many more features than Roku does, some of those Wyze features are friendly faces, ai search basically you can search a very detailed event, and it will pull it up and if you have discord, they have a server. It has lots of information and notifies when they’re software updates you’ll also get notified in the app when there’s issues they actually update the cameras and fix the issues same thing for the app. Hope all this helps

0 Kudos
mattpc80
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes! I’ve contacted the support chat 4 times and have called the support line twice! They know they have a problem with their update and they refuse to do anything about it. As soon as you mention the firmware update they will give you the run around or just straight disconnect. They also refused to refund the monthly charge for the smart home subscription even though i’m basically paying for nothing since the cameras don’t even work! The only reason i haven’t cancelled everything to do with roku smart home yet is that i would have to replace multiple cameras in my house which is a cost i feel like roku should burden for this mess they caused. 

0 Kudos
wvmayor1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Don't they advertise the indoor cameras as having 1080p HD video?  

I feel like I was getting that before this update.  There used to be options for HD, SD and 360p.  

My images seem very compressed and grainy now.

https://www.roku.com/products/smart-home/cameras/roku-indoor-camera?srsltid=AfmBOoqih51QalX41s8uinto...

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.