Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reptem1970
Roku Guru

Re: [6.0] Camera is slow and disconnecting after the recent update.

Jump to solution

yet this is still marked as resolved....and it's not resolved. There is another thread in the forum about similar problems that you can post on that is still open. It's best to submit log tickets through the app itself with the individual camera, then follow up with support to get their attention. Use the gear icon in the app for the camera and go to roku support then click submit a log. Type a comment in the box, copy it, then send it and save the log ID. When you send other log reports for different cameras you can paste your note to make it easier.

The cameras are starting to show signs of some stability suggesting they are slowly rolling out bug fixes, so if I had to guess, this whole firmware release was about cutting costs and saving bandwidth on live streams because the image is terrible, but playback seems to be about the same as it was.

I just watched a whole parade of gang members walk by 3 sets of my cameras and got zero notifications from any of them, so I will be switching security cameras regardless of what happens with these. Really disappointing, I always loved Roku products, but it's time to move on.

FC75
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I’ve submitted logs through the app, no one from Roku has responded to me directly . I’ve been posting on the other threads as well about this problem . This is ridiculous for them to say it’s resolved when still hundreds of people are still having problems and Roku just don’t seem to acknowledge the issues.

mlm44
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Agreed that whatever fixes come along, Roku has run it's course with me. I've started looking for other options elsewhere. Nearly two years of ownership with six Roku cameras, four bulbs, four plugs and one LED strip and I've run out of patience with them all.

Gtrfocus

Re: Camera is slow and disconnecting after the recent update.

Jump to solution

I figured it might be something easy that I’m missing…maybe some community members have seen this before?

0 Kudos
Gtrfocus

Jump to solution

More information:

The old cameras (which I ordered from Roku) have a firmware version 6.0.0, while the new cameras (which I bought from Walmart) are 3.02. I can’t update the Walmart ones because they say “you are up to date.”

Is there a difference? They are all “indoor camera se”

thanks! 

0 Kudos
Gtrfocus

Jump to solution

Actually, the 6.0.0 firmware just came through for the new ones, and everything is working again. I guess you have to wait like 24 hours or so to get the firmware. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue as most on here. Constantly having to remove device and reconnect. Frustrating as the reason to have a camera is for security, but it's worthless if it doesn't work. Outdoor wired camera. 

0 Kudos
monty643
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
Spoiler
how is there no resolution yet ? its been almost a FULL MONTH. just about everything is still broken. 😠  i can’t even view live anymore…. its almost 30 seconds delayed. there is no longer options to see the video quality or sync time. i have the timestamp toggled ON. but nothing shows up. y’all done screwed us right in the arse without giving a single fluck 
0 Kudos
Uckybay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Anyone else's cameras suddenly start sending notifications a few hours ago? Mine did. 2 of 7 are currently sending notifications. The other 5 might be, but they don't appear to have had any motion yet to confirm.

EDIT: I can confirm all 7 of my cameras are working normally now. The firmware on the cameras is the same, and I don't think the app has updated either. It must have been a backend issue at Roku. Hopefully they keep working like they're supposed to. 

0 Kudos
reptem1970
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Sporadically....I noticed if I watch the live stream on the tv for about 10 minutes, the time stamp appears and the blurriness goes away. They are doing bug fixes on the firmware...2 months too late IMO. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.