Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FC75
Streaming Star

Re: The Roku camera is slow and disconnecting after the recent update.

Jump to solution

It’s not on our end , it’s on Rokus end that’s the problem. My indoor camera is still not working correctly, we have done all of the troubleshooting 

0 Kudos
zrussell97
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I switched to Wyze just few days ago all my cameras are not working after update. since Roku is partnered up with Wyze products and selling it as Roku. Wyze so so so much better I would suggest switching to Wyze great same app but way better and better products.

0 Kudos
FC75
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I may try those because it’s crazy how they are not recognizing the issue. I pay for my subscriptions and honestly we deserve a credit. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information!

We apologize for the inconvenience and this is not what we aim for. Currently, our appropriate Roku team is still investigating this issue. Your extended patience and understanding are much appreciated.

We would appreciate it if you could provide us with the information below so that we can escalate this issue to the appropriate Roku team.

Note: This only applies to community members who haven't yet submitted their information.

• May we have the Mac Address of your Roku camera? By opening the Roku smart home app, you may need to select the device from the home screen, tap settings and device info, and identify the 12-digit alphanumeric address labeled MAC. Alternatively, you may refer to this support article here.
  • Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log)
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FC75
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

So far I’m still having problems

0 Kudos
FC75
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I had submitted a log over a week ago with no response. This update has killed our cameras. Those of us that are paying the subscription should get a refund or some type of compensation , I pay monthly for all cameras as so do a lot of others here. Why is Roku not addressing nor trying to fix the problem? I don’t want to buy new cameras with another company, that’s more money. 

mlm44
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I am having all of these issues as well.

I have owned Roku indoor cams, floodlight cam, doorbell cam, smart bulbs and smart plugs since fall 2022. I have had nothing but problems with all of them. Sometimes Roku eventually resolves the problems but sooner or later more problems occur. Lights or plugs that won't turn on or off on schedule, missing or frozen camera recordings, lost connections, missing timestamps, floodlights randomly turning on, 360 camera randomly resetting - you name it, it has happened.

I've had patience with Roku for two years. It's not fair to ask us for more patience. These products are junk and even when they finally work properly eventually Roku messes them up again with a firmware update or backend update.

Enough is enough. If Roku can't fix these problems, then the products will go in the garbage.

FC75
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Exactly they should roll it back until they fix the update, it’s been like this for about 2 weeks now, they would be the logical solution for now

jschonauer
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Attention all Roku Camera subscribers! This situation is unacceptable! I am furious about this issue as a subscriber myself. I have contacted Roku support 5-6 times, and each time they attempt to troubleshoot my devices, despite the problem clearly not being with my devices. They always tell me to submit a log, promising to forward it to their engineering team, who will contact me when the issue is resolved. They ask for my patience, but this is infuriating! I am paying for my cameras to work, just like many others, and they are NOT WORKING! I demand a refund immediately!

mlm44
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku, please roll back the firmware to the prior version, which was working fine.

The new firmware is a disaster. Constantly losing connection to the cameras, the timestamp randomly appears and disappears, and the microphone audio sometimes has a hissing noise until I restart the camera.

I will not submit any more logs. It is not my job and a waste of my time to troubleshoot these problems for Roku.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.