Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reptem1970
Roku Guru

Re: The Roku camera is slow and disconnecting after the recent update.

Jump to solution

Maybe a small kid does the IT work and rolled out the update, then got in trouble with their parents and got grounded? Now they can't fix it lol.

This is crazy, imagine how many people are affected yet don't know about this website or how to post. The app and cameras were far from perfect and had flaws before, but they are non functional now. This is ridiculous.

RetiredIT

Jump to solution

Ok so it's obviously a Roku system issue. Where are the communications from the support staff? I used to work in IT before retiring this is totally unacceptable. Come on Roku, it's time to step up your game here.

FC75
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Same, with just the indoor camera, a few times in the last week my outside camera will lose connection, but for the indoor there’s no notification ps, it’s tracking but its not telling me. And when opening the app, that camera is slow to show

reptem1970
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The OP has gf at the end of the update instead of FD in the title, maybe they are confused?

This is terrible though, I have 12 cameras, indoor and outdoor wired plus a wired doorbell and the connections are going in and out, alerts are missed, settings won't change, the image is always blurry or won't zoom in or is zoomed in. Just tons of glitches.

The apps UI completely changed and all the cameras had this 6.0.0 build 32 -FD firmware and it's been an ongoing issue since last week. The last update on the play store says June 8th, but it didn't change visually until last week when everything went bad.

Sucks for all the customers, especially smart home subscribers. At least send an email or something letting us know it's going to get fixed. I'm going to have to switch service and devices soon because this is no longer secure and a safety concern. Very disappointed in roku right now.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you had with the Roku cameras. Please try the troubleshooting steps below.

• Uninstall and re-install the Roku smart home app.
  • Delete and add again the Roku camera.

If the problem still persists, keep us posted.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
reptem1970
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I tried all this, along with network reboots and all other troubleshooting steps. The problem is with the firmware, app, and cloud. Problems continuing to persist.

jschonauer
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

reptem1970 I’ve been having the same problems, I contacted Roku Support multiple times. All they did was had me delete all my cameras then delete the app, re-install then add on the cameras back. Nothing worked, so I contacted them again today July 29th. She said they are actively working on the issues, let’s hope! She also said that there would be a email confirmation when the issue is “fixed”

monty643
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

why is this not fixed? i have 3 cameras and all of them are completely useless at this point! it is clearly a issue with you removing features! i had zero problems that i could not handle with these cameras. all of a sudden though you pump out some complete garbage software and everyone is pissed. should we expect a resolution or do i need to find me a new brand ? this is unexpectable, i do not see any acknowledgment of failure. are you even trying to fix this ? **bleep** you all 

monty643
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

the issue persists. none of your trouble shoots are working. what is being done to fix this ?

jschonauer
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If you like the camera itself, Wyze has very similar cameras. I’ve gotten a few from them and they work great.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.