Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cmiddleton

money coming out of my account

Jump to solution

I have money coming out of my bank account for HBO Max through Roku, but Roku is saying I have no subscriptions. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: money coming out of my account

Jump to solution

Hi, @Cmiddleton

Welcome, and thanks for getting in touch here in the Roku Community!

We understand you have been charged with HBO Max without your permission. We're here to help you sort it out.

It's possible that the charge you're seeing is from another Roku account where your credit card information was saved. Do you have any other Roku accounts that could be associated with this charge? If so, you can try logging in to that Roku account and cancel the subscription to stop it from charging again.  

Also, you may need to check how many devices you have at home and whether all of them are linked to only one account. You can manually check the connected account by navigating to Settings > System > About. It is possible that one or two of your devices are linked to a different account, in which your credit card information was saved, and a family member unintentionally subscribed to HBO Max without your awareness. To enhance the security of your Roku account and prevent unauthorized purchases, consider setting up a Roku PIN.

If the charges are still not located, the best option is to contact our Accounts and billing support. They are our experts when it comes to these types of concerns. 

For more information, kindly visit this support article: What to do if you don't recognize a charge on your Roku account.

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: money coming out of my account

Jump to solution

Hi, @Cmiddleton

Welcome, and thanks for getting in touch here in the Roku Community!

We understand you have been charged with HBO Max without your permission. We're here to help you sort it out.

It's possible that the charge you're seeing is from another Roku account where your credit card information was saved. Do you have any other Roku accounts that could be associated with this charge? If so, you can try logging in to that Roku account and cancel the subscription to stop it from charging again.  

Also, you may need to check how many devices you have at home and whether all of them are linked to only one account. You can manually check the connected account by navigating to Settings > System > About. It is possible that one or two of your devices are linked to a different account, in which your credit card information was saved, and a family member unintentionally subscribed to HBO Max without your awareness. To enhance the security of your Roku account and prevent unauthorized purchases, consider setting up a Roku PIN.

If the charges are still not located, the best option is to contact our Accounts and billing support. They are our experts when it comes to these types of concerns. 

For more information, kindly visit this support article: What to do if you don't recognize a charge on your Roku account.

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos