Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PamelaM

Re: Won’t let me cancel a subscription

Jump to solution

There is no "Manage app" when I press * on the app.  Also, logging into Roku online says I have no subscriptions.  This is maddening!

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@PamelaM Using "manage app" only works on subscriptions purchased from Roku.  Login to the app you are trying to manage and go to your account settings.  You should be able to make changes there, 

0 Kudos
Eve911
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm having the same problem with AMC+, I sent them a screenshot of roku subscription list and here is what they responded to me:  

"The screenshot shows what it seems to be a cancelation for the AMC+ channel on The Roku Channels.

Our system shows you made a subscription through the app using a Roku device, it is important to understand that The Roku Channels AMC+ channel operates independently of our AMC+ App for Roku. "

Did you end up resolving this issue?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi i want to cancel my subscriptions and delete them

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@karlinagmejia22, if your subscriptions are through Roku, you can manage them by logging into your Roku account at https://my.roku.com using the email address that's displayed on your Roku device under Settings->System->About.  If you have subscriptions directly with a provider (e.g., Netflix, Hulu, etc.) you'd have to cancel on their websites.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Eve911
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have been going through this same problem she is having, I go directly to the app outside of Roku and they indicate I have no subscription with them and to contact Roku directly.  I think there is a serious problem on Rokus end. 

0 Kudos
Eve911
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello, perhaps you can help me, this is what AMC plus tells me, I can’t understand what they are explaining to me since they said my subscription is solely with Roku and not them. Roku stated repeatedly that my subscription was cancelled in July 2023. I received an email beginning of this month from AMC plus that my subscription will automatically renew if i don’t cancel. 

The screenshot shows what it seems to be a cancelation for the AMC+ channel on The Roku Channels.

Our system shows you made a subscription through the app using a Roku device, it is important to understand that The Roku Channels AMC+ channel operates independently of our AMC+ App for Roku. "

They haven’t been able to help me at all. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Eve911 wrote:

@Eve911, what they're saying is that there's two ways to subscribe to AMC+ through Roku.  One is with their stand-alone app and the other is through Roku's own app called The Roku Channel.  It sounds like you may have had both kinds of subscriptions and only cancelled the one through The Roku Channel.  Both subscriptions should have shown up on your account at https://my.roku.com and if you still have one it should also show up there.  Another way to manage a subscription is to locate the app's icon on your Home Screen and press the * button on your remote.  If you have a subscription through Roku there should be a "Manage subscription" option in the menu that pops up.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if you have multiple Roku devices (or have ever had multiple devices) you may have multiple Roku accounts and the subscriptions would be completely separate.  You can check what Roku account a device is linked to by checking the email address that's displayed under Settings->System->About on each Roku device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jo3636

Jump to solution

I have the same **bleep** issue I've been trying to cancel NFL and it doesn't show that I have it but yet every month I'm billed SMH 

0 Kudos
Eve911
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Do you have another device you may have signed up for NFL on?  I’m going to try cancelling my AMCplus on the Roku I bought for my Mom, it’s possible I may have signed her up on the AMC app at her house.  If I were you, I would dispute the charge with your credit card company and send them screen shots of the subscription indicating it’s cancelled.  

0 Kudos