Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: What to do if I forgot my Roku PIN code (pin number)

Jump to solution

@kiahsmommyever2 wrote:

I tried watching OUTLANDER LAST NIGHT AND THEY WANTED MY PIN, I CAN'T TEMEMBER A PIN NUMBER. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Um, couple of things going on here. I'm going to answer your question, but bring up something else you probably should think about.

First, you control the PIN. You can always set it from https://my.roku.com and clicking the Update button under PIN Preference.

Now to the second thing. A Roku PIN isn't needed to watch stuff. A Roku PIN is needed to buy stuff, or (if you set it this way) to add an app. So, if you were adding the app, a PIN would make sense. But if you already had the app installed, then it's wanting to bill you for something.

If you already have a Starz account, you won't need to buy anything. So, what app were you using? There are three possible ones.

1. Starz. The plain ole Starz app. You can subscribe directly to Starz, or you can subscribe via Roku. If the former, no PIN is needed. If the latter, yeah, it'll ask for a PIN so it can create a new billing account and bill you.
  2. The Roku Channel. Starz is available via the Roku Channel. But if you have a Starz account already, don't do this. Seriously, don't. If you want to do Starz brand new, this is a way.
  3. Starz on the Roku Channel. When you do the Roku Channel option, it will add this app. Same as Roku Channel, don't do this if you have a direct subscription to Starz.

So, think about those things, and watch Starz the way you want.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."