Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brandynn
Reel Rookie

What comes with a subscription?

Jump to solution

I want to continue watching a show but it says i need to pay in order to watch it. I cant find anything on the tv or website that shows what i would recieve if i paid for roku.

So what exactly would i be paying for? What are the benefits? Is there a list of channels or something that shows what you are buying?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: What comes with a subscription?

Jump to solution

First and foremost, there's no such thing as a "Roku" subscription.  If something is telling you that you need a subscription to continue watching, it's a subscription to some provider/service.  It should be apparent what service it is.  As for what the subscription gets you, you'd probably have to go to their site to see what they offer.  I assume you're using The Roku Channel which is just another app and isn't equivalent to "Roku" in totality.  Roku makes little computer boxes that connect to your TV and run apps.  People are often confused about what Roku "service" is.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

First and foremost, there's no such thing as a "Roku" subscription.  If something is telling you that you need a subscription to continue watching, it's a subscription to some provider/service.  It should be apparent what service it is.  As for what the subscription gets you, you'd probably have to go to their site to see what they offer.  I assume you're using The Roku Channel which is just another app and isn't equivalent to "Roku" in totality.  Roku makes little computer boxes that connect to your TV and run apps.  People are often confused about what Roku "service" is.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Brandynn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thanks for the response. When it prompts me, it asks if i want to pay a monthly fee or annual one to be able to access the remaining seasons/episodes.
When i go online or through the tv, i dont see anything that says "pay this subscription cost and get access to X number of channels or services or whatever". It just makes it look like i have to pay this cost to be able to finish out my show.

With things like disney plus, it says that if you pay for the service, you get access to things such as disney, star wars, marvel and so on.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

What is the “it” in “When it prompts me”.  That is, how do you get from a Roku home screen to that prompt?

Banned but back. Because why not?