Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamsMaggie

Wants me to sign up for 7 Day Free Trial - already am subscribed

Offers 7 day trial when I can already watch through ROKU on another tv.

Also keeps asking for my PIN to do the free trial when I’ve so paid no PIN required in my ROKU settings  

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wants me to sign up for 7 Day Free Trial - already am subscribed

Hi @SamsMaggie 

Greetings!

We appreciate you for posting and sharing this information with us. We'd like to know more about this to see how we can assist. What specific channel or service is prompting on your screen that offers you for 7 day trial? In addition, could you please confirm what channel or service are you subscribed to? Furthermore, are you subscribed to this channel directly or through Roku Pay?

Tell us more about this so we can assist further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@SamsMaggie, in addition to what @RokuTakashi asked, are your devices linked to different Roku accounts?  Check the email address displayed on each one under Settings->System->About.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
SerenityNow
Streaming Star

I have just set up Roku on another television. I happened to already have a Roku 4K to connect to the USB.

This post makes me wonder if I would have Roku on the other TV without adding a 2nd Roku device if I were using Wi-Fi which I’m not. I don’t think so because it’s not a Wi-Fi enabled television. However, I have the same subscriptions on both so it really doesn’t make total sense to me, I don’t have the same YouTube subscription but I do have the same paid services that are connected to one Roku device that is attached to Wi-Fi —- OK that’s part of it because I can’t keep that other Roku device from accessing this router and Wi-Fi on the original. (I think anyway) So, me saying that the 2nd television doesn’t access Wi-Fi is incorrect. (maybe 😊)

It gets confusing . 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@SerenityNow I am a little confused by your post but I will try to help.  If you have two or more Roku devices linked to the same Roku account (same email on each Roku account) any app or subscription that you load on one device will also be loaded on all the other Roku devices.  If it is a paid subscription like Netflix you will usually have to login on both devices.  If you have a Roku device and another streaming device like Apple TV any app you put on your Roku device will not automatically be on the Apple device.  However if it is a paid subscription like Netflix purchased from Netflix you can use the same subscription on the Roku and the Apple TV.  You just have to load the app on both devices.  I have Roku devices, an Apple TV, an Amazon Fire Stick 4k, and a Chromecast with Google TV streaming box.  I use the same Netflix subscription on all four.   

If you have a Roku streaming stick 4k connected to one TV using another TV on the same Wi-Fi will NOT give you a Roku interface on the second TV.

SerenityNow
Streaming Star

Yeah. Lol. Reading what I wrote at this time, it doesn’t make much sense at all because the answers were already there so my post wasn’t necessary.

As I was just thinking about it, without a secondary Roku device attached to the other TV, there’s no way at all that it could have Roku services on it. However, I guess what I was confused about is why all of my services automatically appear on the other TV as well. When I setup the other room, by default I was already logged into Netflix. I’m already logged into Hulu. I logged into Paramount & Apple. I didn’t log into those separately with each Roku device. Therefore, I have to believe that the second Roku device is communicating with the main Roku device, which is attached to the Wi-Fi and router. 

Like I said, my comment wasn’t necessary. I guess when I wrote it, I was just a little confused, but without a separate Roku device attached to that other TV it could never access Roku since it’s not a Wi-Fi enabled television. Even if it was Wi-Fi enabled, without an additional Roku device I don’t think I could access the main Roku.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Everything works fine… except that I have lost my login for YouTube, but was somehow able to log into it on my main Roku. So while I can’t upload new videos, make comments or do much of anything, I can add new selections to my playlists and at least see things that I had previously hidden. I can’t login on my iPhone. I’m thinking that logging in on Roku is easier/was allowed because it doesn’t have as many checks on it. By that I mean that it doesn’t have two-step verification, Authenticator or Roku can’t require say external security keys - whatever the case may be which is a requirement using iPhone.

I just went to check & any apps I’ve downloaded in the main room are loaded on the newest setup also so there’s no doubt that Roku is communicating via my Wi-Fi. I guess that’s all interesting as I’m just noticing what’s automatically already logged in but other things like screensavers/settings are unique to each Roku 4k device. ☺️

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@SerenityNow The Roku devices do not have to be on the same wifi.  If you had a vacation home in another state any app loaded on one Roku device would be loaded on the other Roku if they are linked to the same email account.  Your apps are on your Roku account, each device just accesses your Roku account   Settings, screensavers etc are stored on the device.  

0 Kudos