Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eharo27

Unrecognized and unauthorized charge

Jump to solution

I keep getting a charge in my credit card of “Roku Channel” for $6.51. The weird part it’s a card that I have not used through Roku. I have one set card for Roku. I can’t get any answers from anyone or anywhere. Please help! Thank you! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unrecognized and unauthorized charge

Jump to solution

Hi, @Eharo27.

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about having an unrecognized charge on your account. We'd be happy to help you with this.

To review the charges on your account, you may follow these steps:

1. Sign in to my.roku.com
  2. Go toPurchase history & invoices
  3. Review your invoices forContent or Products

Sometimes, a charge may not be recognizable because the app or provider name may be charged through the parent company or developer that created the app. For example, if you see “Roku for CBS Interactive” as a charge, it may be because you purchased a subscription for Paramount+, which is charged by its parent company, CBS Interactive.

More examples that you may find on your invoice include:

• "The Roku Channel," which is always free, is a charge for a subscription that you signed up for on the Roku Channel (for example "AMC+ on the Roku Channel" will show up as a charge from "the Roku Channel")
  • "Roku for Starz"
  • "Roku for AMC Networks" may be a Shudder charge
  • “Roku for Disney electro” is a Disney+ charge
  • “Roku for Warner Media Global Digital Services LLC” is an HBO Max charge
  • “Roku for CBS Interactive” is a Paramount+ charge

Moreover, you may visit this website on what to do if there is a charge you don't recognize on your Roku account

We hope you'll find this information helpful. Let us know if you still have any questions.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unrecognized and unauthorized charge

Jump to solution

Hi, @Eharo27.

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about having an unrecognized charge on your account. We'd be happy to help you with this.

To review the charges on your account, you may follow these steps:

1. Sign in to my.roku.com
  2. Go toPurchase history & invoices
  3. Review your invoices forContent or Products

Sometimes, a charge may not be recognizable because the app or provider name may be charged through the parent company or developer that created the app. For example, if you see “Roku for CBS Interactive” as a charge, it may be because you purchased a subscription for Paramount+, which is charged by its parent company, CBS Interactive.

More examples that you may find on your invoice include:

• "The Roku Channel," which is always free, is a charge for a subscription that you signed up for on the Roku Channel (for example "AMC+ on the Roku Channel" will show up as a charge from "the Roku Channel")
  • "Roku for Starz"
  • "Roku for AMC Networks" may be a Shudder charge
  • “Roku for Disney electro” is a Disney+ charge
  • “Roku for Warner Media Global Digital Services LLC” is an HBO Max charge
  • “Roku for CBS Interactive” is a Paramount+ charge

Moreover, you may visit this website on what to do if there is a charge you don't recognize on your Roku account

We hope you'll find this information helpful. Let us know if you still have any questions.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos