Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonTopps

Says wrong password but it's correct, can't sign in

Jump to solution

I have the correct email and password. I am able to sign in on my computer (I can post here after all), and I have the exact same info input into my Roku TV. I WILL NOT sign in, it keeps saying my password is incorrect. I went through the forgotten password process and it still will not let me sign in on my TV. I can sign in on a browser using the exact same info, but I can't sign in on my TV.

I'm trying to add Discovery+, if that affects anything. It just keeps telling me my password is incorrect.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

EDIT: WOW Roku is super annoying with trying to post something! I've done this like 5 times now and it keeps making me do stuff. It's not even specifying what I need to do so I'm just clicking stuff and hoping for the best. Never buying a Roku again after all this account mess.

Tags (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Says wrong password but it's correct, can't sign in

Jump to solution

You should never, ever, have to enter your Roku account password on your Roku device.  It's already linked to your account (i.e., permanently logged in).  If something is asking for a password it wants the password associated with an account for that provider/service (i.e., Discovery+).  If you have a subscription to Discovery+ through Roku try accessing it through The Roku Channel.  Like a lot of premium services, Discovery+ can be accessed through its standalone channel/app and through The Roku Channel.  If you're subscribed through Roku you probably subscribed to the version that's accessed through The Roku Channel.  They're not interchangeable.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You should never, ever, have to enter your Roku account password on your Roku device.  It's already linked to your account (i.e., permanently logged in).  If something is asking for a password it wants the password associated with an account for that provider/service (i.e., Discovery+).  If you have a subscription to Discovery+ through Roku try accessing it through The Roku Channel.  Like a lot of premium services, Discovery+ can be accessed through its standalone channel/app and through The Roku Channel.  If you're subscribed through Roku you probably subscribed to the version that's accessed through The Roku Channel.  They're not interchangeable.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
QMD

Jump to solution

I had the correct password - it said I didn't.  I changed it and when I press enter, nothing at all happens.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @QMD,

Thanks for your post. 

We're here to help. Are you trying to access your Roku account on the website? Have you tried logging in on a laptop or mobile device to see if you see any difference? Or another browser like Chrome or Firefox? 

If you have tried all the possible troubleshooting steps and the issue still occurs, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team, for account and billing concerns. You can contact them here: then choose 'Account, payments & subscription'. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

Let us know how it goes. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos