Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GRoman3618
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku for Warner Media $14.99 monthly charge

Jump to solution

I also have a charge for 15.93 roku warnermedia. Tried the solution posted here but the charge is not on the list. Nonetheless it was taken out of my bank account. How can I get a hold of someone to discuss this situation?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@GRoman3618 If you don't see the subscription under your Roku user account (https://my.roku.com), then you are not being billed by Roku, regardless of what your CC statement says. Anything that Roku bills for will be listed on your user account.

If it's not there, you are being scammed by someone that is NOT Roku. When they submit the billing statement to the CC company, they can put any information they want on it, regardless of accuracy. You need to contest the charge with your CC company.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
GRoman3618
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have an HBO Max subscription in ROKU. However, it is free because of AT&T. Spoke with them and I see where they credit my account monthly. This is the first time we get a charge from ROKU for this service. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I have HBO Max from my AT&T account as well. There's nothing in my Roku account about that. I log into the HBO Max channel with my AT&T credentials. You don't need anything through Roku for this.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
GRoman3618
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ok. I agree with you. That is my issue. MY bank says ROKU charged my account 15.93 and it has never happened before. I have been watching HBO Max with ROKU for over a year. That is what I am questioning. 

Bennylynn
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Have tried for two days to talk with someone about the  charges on my bill. No help at all without paying 

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@GRoman3618  You need to log into HBO Max using your AT&T credentials. But select “with a provider”. I get HBO Max free with my AT&T unlimited wireless 

GRoman3618
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have already done that. But I will check again. In the mean time I have taken out my ROKU payment method which sucks cause I liked having it saved to order the UFC fights. Let's see if that works. I have been watching HBO Max for over a year with ROKU and this was the first time we were charged so nothing has changed. 

0 Kudos
GRoman3618
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The response to me was that anyone can charge me a specific charge and put any name they want to the bank. So even though it says it is from ROKU and says warnermedia if it is not in my subscriptions it is not from ROKU. Pretty convenient answer if you ask me. So I guess we will have to pay it. 

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Go to Roku support and chat or email them. Go into your Roku account and cancel your subscription to HBO Max. if there’s nothing in your Roku account for a subscription then it’s not a Roku issue. By the way you can put in a pin that way nobody can purchase anything on your Roku account. You can always call your bank And speak with him about the charge

https://support.roku.com/article/220128567