Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
5ft24dave
Reel Rookie

Roku auto subscribing me to channels I don't watch and won't watch without permission

Has anyone had Roku suddenly subscribe them to a subscription channel without permission?  I received an email this morning welcoming me to my new subscription, with auto renew enabled for $5.99/month.  I have not subscribed to anything.  It was the Faith & Family channel.  I have never watched it.  I have a PIN set up for purchases, and regularly change my password.  Makes me a little angry that they decided to subscribe a customer to something without permission.  As far as I'm concerned, that is credit card FRAUD

9 REPLIES 9
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Roku auto subscribing me to channels I don't watch and won't watch without permission

@5ft24dave Login to your Roku account on a computer or phone.  Does a subscription to Faith & Family channel appear there?  Is it possible the email is from someone other than Roku who is trying to scam you by getting you to give them your credit card information to remove the charge?

0 Kudos
5ft24dave
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku auto subscribing me to channels I don't watch and won't watch without permission

I checked headers and the address the link pointed to for managing subscriptions. It was from Roku and it was in my subscriptions.  I disabled the auto renew and changed my pin as well

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Any chance you’ve ever gotten rid of a Roku without unlinking it from your account?

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
5ft24dave
Reel Rookie

Nope, first Roku I've ever owned

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

I think if I were in your position, I would remove my payment method from my Roku account to make sure this doesn’t happen in the future.

When I first started using Roku, I didn’t add a payment method to my account.  Then sometime later I decided to try out Roku pay so I added one.  Then after a few years, I decided that paying via Roku didn’t do all that much for me so I went back to paying content providers directly and removed the payment method from my Roku account.    (I don’t mean this to imply that I had any issues while I had a payment method on my account.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@5ft24dave-

Just to be sure...

Setting a PIN on your Roku account at https:/my.roku.com is only part of the process.  You also have to select where you want the PIN to be required:

• Require a PIN to make purchases and add channels.
  • Require a PIN to make purchases.
  • A PIN is not required to make any purchases or add any channels.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
5ft24dave
Reel Rookie

I did that when I first set up the account. I have to enter my PIN to add channels and to order anything, but have not ordered anything.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @5ft24dave,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you are having problems with an unauthorized charge on your account. To be better assisted with your billing and subscription, you can contact our Accounts and Billing team since they are the specialized department to best cater to your inquiry. To contact them, kindly refer to this link here. Select the Accounts and Billing option to be directed to their contact information.
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
davidjazz
Roku Guru

@RokuEuniceL 

I am also having a problem with an unauthorized charge. I clicked on Word Soup, but never approved a purchase. It shows as a purchase but is not on my subscription page.

I received a $2.99 charge on my credit card from "Roku for Fuzzy Bug Int8162728107 DE USA." I have tried contacting your billing department via the link above several times, but just get a spinning arrow and never get through.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Manage your subscriptions by logging into your Roku Account.