Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MEGilbert
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Amazon Prime Video Scam

Jump to solution

Exactly what happened to me!  I'm usually hyper vigilant when it comes to scams but this one got me hook, line, and sinker!🎣

DerbyRussell
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Just found out today, My CU did not cancel the charge.  Instead they suggested I get a new debit card, and destroy the current one.  They told me that last week.  I did all that.  But today the charges showed up on my account as paid.  I called the CU again and they said, I had to file a dispute.  I filed a dispute minutes ago.  But the money is currently removed from my CU account.  I will keep you posted on what the CU does...

0 Kudos
DerbyRussell
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Also, new issue:  I am unable to ever log into my Amazon Prime account on a Roku device.  Why? Because everytime I enter my username and password for the Amazon Prime account, the scammers change my password.  Then I have to change my password again in Amazon.  But unable to ever watch Amazon Prime on my Roku device.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@DerbyRussell wrote:

Also, new issue:  I am unable to ever log into my Amazon Prime account on a Roku device.  Why? Because everytime I enter my username and password for the Amazon Prime account, the scammers change my password.  Then I have to change my password again in Amazon.  But unable to ever watch Amazon Prime on my Roku device.

You seem to not be aware that you can log in to Amazon Prime Video on Roku without using your password. Read the screen carefully. There is an option to log in on a computer or mobile device. If I remember correctly, it's https://amazon.com/mytv or something similar. Look for that on the Amazon Prime Video screen.

You go to the Website on your browser and log in to Amazon there, not on Roku. Then enter the code that shows on your Roku.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

DerbyRussell
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Accept as Solution.

This fixes the issue.

0 Kudos
DerbyRussell
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

After filing a dispute with my CU, the money was reimbursed.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I also bought roku then when putting in code to activate prime it popped up not to do it again that id be locked.out permanently and to call said number when I did they wanted me to download askdesk or something then wanted to to.oprn amazon shopping and make a "dummy" purchase of a 100 game card...so I played along n used a card that was no longer active and made his dummy purchase...then I called him out on his stupid **bleep** n he hung up on me.