Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beedee
Reel Rookie

Received email indicating Paramount three-month promo ending but just subscribed two weeks ago

Jump to solution

Received email indicating Paramount promo ending but just subscribed two weeks ago, Nov 25.  "We’re reaching out to remind you that your special offer price is ending soon. Starting on Dec 08, 2023, you’ll be charged the regular price of $5.99/Month."

On the Roku account active subscriptions page, it correctly says 90-day $1.99/mo promo ends Feb 25, 2024.

This is my first Paramount subscription so no chance it was confused with any previous Paramount subscription.

How do I prevent the promo end Dec 8 and the $5.99 charge?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Received email indicating Paramount three-month promo ending but just subscribed two weeks ago

Jump to solution

Hi @Samoleyr,

We hear and completely understand you. This is not the experience we want you to have.
We'd like to better understand your concern and provide you with an accurate resolution. Could you elaborate more on your subscription issue?

Also, we recommend the following steps if your subscription issue is persistent:

• Check if you have an active subscription by logging into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and clicking "Subscriptions.".
  • Review the recurring charge on your account.
  • Create or update the Roku PIN for your account to avoid any further unwanted purchases on your Roku account.

Furthermore, you can directly contact our account-billing team through the link here. An option to talk to a live representative should be available. We guarantee that they are the best team to assist you with other subscription inquiries.

We hope this helps!

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Kmaclil
Reel Rookie

Re: Received email indicating Paramount three-month promo ending but just subscribed two weeks ago

Jump to solution

I received the same email with same issue. I signed up for the $3.99 for 3 month promotion 2 weeks ago and now it's saying it will auto renew at $11.99 on Dec 9. On the Roku website it correctly states I have 3 months but on my Roku streaming device it states the Dec 9 auto renew which is obviously incorrect or they ran a scam promo. Unfortunately they apparently don't do customer support which is BS. Good luck

tlee70

Jump to solution

I was supposed to pay half price for 3 months , as a black Friday promo and it charged me full price first month. Who do I contact? Is this a scam also?

beedee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

FYI I browsed for more customer support methods and Wikihow says Roku has regularly staffed customer support on Twitter. Unusual customer support setup but I may try that shortly.

Kmaclil
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It seems like the chat and phone support are both back up. I was able to get someone on chat but they basically just told me I'm not seeing what I am seeing. I have received the email and my account info on the site both say I will be charged the full amount on Dec 9 which makes no sense, but they basically just told me to come back if I am charged so I have no confidence they are actually looking into it. Will probably just cancel and save the headache of having to get the charge reversed

beedee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I got them on the phone and at first just got what I already knew my account subscription page said, but then I stressed that they are sending out incorrect emails, and I'm not the only one experiencing it. The rep then sent me an email so that I could reply with a screenshot of the email I had been sent saying my promo was ending. So at least I know they now have concrete evidence that they are sending out incorrect emails. The phone number I called was (816) 272-8106. Good luck.

dunroven

Jump to solution

Same here. I just signed up and my very first invoice is at full price. Apparently Paramount+ is NOT honoring the agreement.  Live support also seems non-existent. 

0 Kudos
Samoleyr

Jump to solution

My Paramount subscription when an auto renews is more every month and continues to go up why 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Samoleyr,

We hear and completely understand you. This is not the experience we want you to have.
We'd like to better understand your concern and provide you with an accurate resolution. Could you elaborate more on your subscription issue?

Also, we recommend the following steps if your subscription issue is persistent:

• Check if you have an active subscription by logging into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and clicking "Subscriptions.".
  • Review the recurring charge on your account.
  • Create or update the Roku PIN for your account to avoid any further unwanted purchases on your Roku account.

Furthermore, you can directly contact our account-billing team through the link here. An option to talk to a live representative should be available. We guarantee that they are the best team to assist you with other subscription inquiries.

We hope this helps!

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos