Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slfaina

Re: Does Roku charge a monthly or annual fee?

Jump to solution

But that is the problem. Your answer is always contact billing but no one can get through to anyone!  I too am charged $5.99/month for Roku Channel. My son doesn’t pay for a Roku Channel; why do I?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @jimboreno2.

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you have an unrecognized charge from your Roku account. We got your back!

Unrecognized charges might be caused by active subscriptions on your Roku account, where your payment information was saved. You may review your charges and subscriptions by doing the following steps below: 

1. Sign in to my.roku.com and go to My Subscriptions.
  2. Under Active subscriptions, select the subscription you want to cancel.
  3. Select Manage subscription and then select Turn off auto-renew. Turning off auto-renew means you've canceled your subscription and will not be billed for it in the future.

Note: If you can't cancel a Roku subscription, it's not managed through Roku. Contact the streaming service provider directly to cancel it.

In addition, if the above steps do not resolve the issue,

You might also try...

• Check whether you have Multiple Roku Accounts. It is possible that you may have multiple Roku accounts, and as a result, you may have made a purchase or subscribed to a service using a different Roku account.
  • Review which Roku apps are Free vs. Paid. To access content on subscription or premium apps, you must sign up or authenticate, and then you will be charged either monthly or annually. On the other hand, if you choose a free app, you won't be required to pay any one-time, monthly, or annual fees.

If the charges are still not located and you want to dispute them as soon as possible, the best course of action is to contact our Accounts and Billing team for further assistance. Just navigate to Accounts, Payments, and Subscriptions to reach them.

We hope all this information helps.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Slfaina,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We're glad to assist you with your inquiry. Please be advised that The Roku Channel is free. If, for any reason, you are being charged, it is possible that it is from another subscribed channel. To be better assisted with your subscription and billing charges, please contact our Accounts and Billing team since they are the specialized department to best cater to your inquiry. To contact them, kindly refer to this link here. Select the Accounts and Billing option to be directed to their contact information.
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Slfaina There is no charge for Roku or the Roku channel.  You are not being charged $5.99/month for the Roku Channel but are being charged by Roku for a subscription for another app paid through Roku.   Login to your Roku account on a computer or phone and check your subscriptions.  When you find the subscription you can cancel there.  I would suggest setting up a pin to make purchases while you are logged into your account.

0 Kudos
jimboreno2

Jump to solution

I get charge 40. A month. An don't  know why

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @jimboreno2.

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you have an unrecognized charge from your Roku account. We got your back!

Unrecognized charges might be caused by active subscriptions on your Roku account, where your payment information was saved. You may review your charges and subscriptions by doing the following steps below: 

1. Sign in to my.roku.com and go to My Subscriptions.
  2. Under Active subscriptions, select the subscription you want to cancel.
  3. Select Manage subscription and then select Turn off auto-renew. Turning off auto-renew means you've canceled your subscription and will not be billed for it in the future.

Note: If you can't cancel a Roku subscription, it's not managed through Roku. Contact the streaming service provider directly to cancel it.

In addition, if the above steps do not resolve the issue,

You might also try...

• Check whether you have Multiple Roku Accounts. It is possible that you may have multiple Roku accounts, and as a result, you may have made a purchase or subscribed to a service using a different Roku account.
  • Review which Roku apps are Free vs. Paid. To access content on subscription or premium apps, you must sign up or authenticate, and then you will be charged either monthly or annually. On the other hand, if you choose a free app, you won't be required to pay any one-time, monthly, or annual fees.

If the charges are still not located and you want to dispute them as soon as possible, the best course of action is to contact our Accounts and Billing team for further assistance. Just navigate to Accounts, Payments, and Subscriptions to reach them.

We hope all this information helps.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos