Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MyUkor

Random charges weekly from Roku. Why?

Why is Roku taking various amounts from my account and it isn't any of my streaming devices. Today was 7.33 and it just said Roku charge. Yesterday .14 same thing. Last week it was .90, and only said Roku. I have Netflix, Hulu, paramount, shudder, and Disney. And when Roku takes the money it doesn't say any of them. Just Roku. What are these various charges, and why do you keep taking them from my account?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Random charges weekly from Roku. Why?

Is it actually coming from Roku. There are many scammers that hide things behind fake names. You can try contacting your bank or credit card company and see if they have more detailed information. Even online, you may be able to click on an entry or something to get more detailed information.

Are you paying for Netflix, etc through Roku, or directly? Yet another reason to never subscribe through Roku, as that way you know who is charging. If you have no subscriptions through Roku, you can go to your account on the Roku website and REMOVE any credit/debit card linked.