Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimJR

Paramount+ Showing Ads On All Shows

Jump to solution

All of the sudden, ads are playing on shows I'm watching on Paramount+. I pay $11.99 a month so I won't have to be tortured by commercials. This just started about an hour ago. I rebooted the ROKU, but that did nothing. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Paramount+ Showing Ads On All Shows

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

Thanks for reporting this issue here in the Roku Community.

We understand and hear your sentiments. For this concern, we would highly suggest reaching out to the channel provider and inquiring further, as they are the best ones who could provide further details regarding their channel functionality on the Roku platform. You can reach them through their direct support website.

We hope this gets sorted out soon. Let us know if you have further inquiries.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Gxec
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine did the same. No idea why

0 Kudos
Miskatonic

Jump to solution

Same here.  I'm on premium.  An insane quantity of ads, 4-5 ads every few minutes it seems.  Just started tonight.

0 Kudos
Kdexter
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here! I have premium subscription through Roku. Customer service absolutely sucks from both companies, time to cancel this bull**bleep**!

0 Kudos
PatT

Jump to solution

Same here, called customer service, all they could say was that my issue will be “escalated”. Maybe, I’ll even get more commercials after they escalate it. I asked for a transcript of my chat but never got it. I assume this is a temporary glitch that will go away on its own since the tech support people have no clue why it’s happening. It has to be a simple switch at high level programing.

Gxec
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was using paramount on roku channel app and started getting the commercials. Went to the streaming store and selected paramount. The selected add the app. App was added to home page. Opened that paramount app, made password. No commercials anymore. Moved the app up on my homepage and the paramount/ roku channel app to the bottom.

Hope that helps

danbrown04

Jump to solution

Yeah it happens sometimes, had same situation with me last month.

BPJJ

Jump to solution

This started last night for us as well, Ridiculous that they charge a premium and then sneak in commercials without any notice to the user.  we will definitely be rethinking the subscription 

Kdexter
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It is an odd ‘glitch’ that supposedly tech support hasn’t heard of. Doubtful….By now they should at least post a notice that they’re aware of the issue if true. 

0 Kudos
Kdexter
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well it’s getting worse. My premium subscription had 4 two minute blocks of commercials and two shorter ones during a 30 minute show. Worse than live network tv! I’m paid up through the 29th then cancelling if not resolved. Many other choices out there…

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.