Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jomer

National Streaming Day discount

Jump to solution

Took advantage of National Streaming Day discount on 06/18/2024, when it was advertised on their channel. I  subscribed to Britbox for $1.99 a month and Shutter for $0.99 a month. The deal was for 2 months. 

I was charged that day $0.79 for Britbox and $.40 for Shutter. On May 30 th, I was charged $3.26 for both.

On June 30 th, I was charged $8.38 for both channels. I'm being told this is the prorated amount for this month up until July 18th. From the 18 th to the 30th, I'm paying full price.

I understand the prorated amounts, but it just seems deceptive since they make it sound like you can cancel anytime and you won't be charged for the full month.

From what I understand, Roku established this National Streaming Day. They should be more upfront with their billing cycle practices.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: National Streaming Day discount

Jump to solution

Welcome, @Jomer.

Thanks for bringing this matter to the Roku Community!

For better assistance and a faster resolution of this issue, we highly recommend contacting our billing experts. To contact our dedicated Accounts and Billing team, simply follow these steps: Log in to your account and navigate to Accounts, Payments, and Subscriptions. You'll find options to connect with a live agent via Phone, Chat, or Email. 

We hope we'll have everything sorted out soon.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, @Jomer.

Thanks for bringing this matter to the Roku Community!

For better assistance and a faster resolution of this issue, we highly recommend contacting our billing experts. To contact our dedicated Accounts and Billing team, simply follow these steps: Log in to your account and navigate to Accounts, Payments, and Subscriptions. You'll find options to connect with a live agent via Phone, Chat, or Email. 

We hope we'll have everything sorted out soon.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
woodrc1

Jump to solution

I also got an inflated bill third charge from ROKU prior to my streaming day specials expiring on July 22. I called the support number and they confirmed that it included the remaining charge for the special price and a prorated charge for the full subscription from July 22 to Aug 1. They explained, that with their "consolidated" billing, because I had an old subscription from 2023 that used to be billed on the first of the month, ROKU would align and prorated all future subscriptions, including monthly specials, to the first of the month.

They were unable to cancel my subscriptions on July 22 and only charge me the remainder of the special price. What they did do was to refund the full inflated charge for July and immediately cancel the subscriptions. Thus, I lost out on three weeks of the special priced subscriptions.

I fully agree that this was NOT made clear during the subscription process and doesn't seem to follow the way the majority of other subscription services handle billing/subscriptions.

0 Kudos