Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sricksx5
Reel Rookie

NFL plus account created in Roku app but NFL app does not recognize it

I have created an NFL plus account through the Roku App, but when I log into the NFL app on my phone it does not recognize the I have NFL plus premium, it wants me to sign up for it again. I don’t want to pay twice for it on the same account! How do I watch games on my phone?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NFL plus account created in Roku app but NFL app does not recognize it

@Sricksx5-

You have just discovered the major drawback to subscribing to premium subscriptions through 3rd party systems like Roku, Amazon, Hulu, etc,  Your account is with that 3rd party acting as an agent for the channel, not with the channel itself. Although there are a few exceptions, these are typically only viewable via the 3rd party service through which you subscribed. In Roku's case, many are viewed via The Roku Channel.

If you want to view on all platforms supported by that channel, not just on that 3rd party, you typically must subscribe directly with the channel via its web page then use its dedicated app for each platform, authenticating via the credentials you established with the channel account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Sricksx5
Reel Rookie

How do I cancel the Roku subscription?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Sricksx5-

If you are past any free trial and are in a period for which you have already made payment, you generally can only cancel future renewal payments and the subscription will continue until the prepaid period runs out. 

You can cancel in two ways:

• Highlight the channel on your home page channel grid, press the * key on your Roku remote, and select Manage subscription.
  • Log into your account at https://my.roku.com, and cancel your subscription there

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Sricksx5
Reel Rookie

Wow, I still want to be able view the games, as promised before subscribing, on my phone. Otherwise, its a waste. My purchase is pending on my credit card. How to I contact ROKU to cancel or fix this problem. It is truly false advertising and theft.

0 Kudos