Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BRamthun22

How can I get direct billing to a channel like Peacock without having Roku manage it?

That's the question, I have a promo offer direct from Peacock, but when I log into my Roku account that manages my Peacock subscription, the offer is not available? How do I make it so I get billed directly by Peacock and get rid of the Roku management of said account? 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How can I get direct billing to a channel like Peacock without having Roku manage it?

@BRamthun22 

Login to your Roku Account in the online dashboard (https://my.roku.com/account) and under Manage Account/Manage Subscriptions cancel your subscription to Peacock.

Then go to Peacock (https://www.peacocktv.com/) and sign up directly with them.  If it is the 1.99/mo offer, it is on the Home page on the website.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How can I get direct billing to a channel like Peacock without having Roku manage it?

@BRamthun22-

Read the conditions on this offer from Peacock carefully. In many cases such offers are for new users only.  I don't know whether Peacock would consider an account directly with them as being new when you've previously subscribed through a third party like Roku.

At any rate, canceling your existing subscription only prevents it from automatically renewing when your current prepaid subscription period expires. You will continue to be able to use it while it is in force.

As much as I would like to support Roku by subscribing through them, I prefer to make my subscriptions directly with each service. I can then view them on any platform they support (computer, mobile device, various streaming devices), not just on Roku. It also provides a clearer path to getting support if the need arises.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos