Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andre6015
Reel Rookie

Charged on a Channel before 2 week trial ended

Jump to solution

I was sent an email offer for a Black Friday BOGO offer to “Welcome Back” to Wondrium if I sign up for one year at $149.00 and get one free, pending the two week trial. I contacted Wondrium support last night to make sure they were going to honor their offer.
She replied with: 

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Wondrium!

I understand you are inquiring about the Black Friday BOGO offer. I see that you signed up through the ROKU app. This promotion was only available via the Wondrium website. I have filed a subscription ticket to see how we may assist you with getting the correct offer.  A member of the Subscriptions Team will reach out to you within 3 to 4 business days. 

I was a previous subscriber to Wondrium before, for about 6 consecutive months and then decided I wasn’t using it anymore and cancelled it until I was invited back last November 25.

Nevertheless the gal appeared to renege on the offer with an excuse that the offer was only for “APP USERS? I used both the app and ROKU and originally signed up with them through ROKU. I still had two days left to decide to keep or cancel. They are deceiving me with this bait-and-switch offer and when I dared to question this last night they pushed through the payment and was charged for the year without the offer for a following free year. What gives? I will have to contest this transaction through PayPal if they don’t honor their deal. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Charged on a Channel before 2 week trial ended

Jump to solution

Hi @andre6015

Thanks for the post.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here and then choose Accounts, payments & subscriptions. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@andre6015 You stated "I contacted Wondrium support last night to make sure they were going to honor their offer."  It seems to me you suspected a problem.  Why would you contact them to make sure they were going to honor their offer?  I don't have Wondrium and did not read the Black Friday offer.  Do you have the email inviting you back?  It is very likely that the Black Friday promotion only applied to subscriptions via the Wondrium website.  They offered a subscription ticket to get you the correct offer.  Sounds to me like Wondrium is being very helpful.  Just my opinion.

0 Kudos
andre6015
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well, yeah, I contacted them because their offer was a bit unclear. They offered “WELCOME BACK”,

”For a limited time only, come back to Wondrium and get two years of learning for the price of just ...

And then at the bottom of the email they stated, to “NEW USERS”. So that was the reason, and then they didn’t even answer my REAL concern but with a, “you should’ve renewed through the app”, which that in itself wasn’t stated in the offer. Wouldn’t you be suspicious too? 

The bottom of the offer said; 

* After your free two-week trial, you will be billed $150 for the first year, and will not be billed for the second year. This offer is for new Wondrium subscribers only and cannot be combined with any other coupons or offers.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @andre6015

Thanks for the post.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here and then choose Accounts, payments & subscriptions. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos