Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged Twice for Paramount+

In June 2022, I started a subscription for Paramount+ Essential Monthly ($4.99/month). I quickly upgraded to Paramount+ Premium so I could watch without ads. It was my understanding that upgrading the service to Premium would automatically replace my Essential Monthly subscription.

Imagine my surprise upon logging into my Roku account to find that not only was my original Essential subscription not replaced, but I was also charged TWICE for Paramount between June 2022 and November 2022. Between those dates, I have a payment history of $9.99 for Premium and $4.99 for Essential for each month. I did not even watch anything on Paramount+ between November 2022 and May 2023, when I started using it again, not understanding why it was available.

That means that I've been charged for eleven months of a service I wasn't using. It is common sense to expect that when one upgrades from a basic service to a premium service, charges for the basic service are discontinued. I really do hope this was a technical mistake on Roku's part and not a scam perpetrated on a distracted, overwhelmed, and dumbed-down population. I expect to be reimbursed for $54.89. These are charges for a service I was not using. I have tried contacting customer service through the account billing link but it never loads. Do any humans still work for Roku? FYI, I have now canceled all Roku subs and will not subscribe again through Roku if I can help it. Your service is not trustworthy.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Charged Twice for Paramount+

@Sailboardgirl, for such a problem unfortunately all you'll get here from anyone at Roku is to contact support at https://support.roku.com/contactus .  All I can say is, good luck!

The general consensus from users here is to always subscribe directly with the provider and avoid any third party subscriptions through Roku, Amazon, Apple, etc.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Manage your subscriptions by logging into your Roku Account.