Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Njbt91
Reel Rookie

Cannot Unsubscribe from Max thru Roku TV

Jump to solution

My Roku TV won’t allow me to unsubscribe from Max. I checked my Max account, it’s the same email that I have with my Roku and says it’s managed thru the Roku. On the TV there’s not an option to unsubscribe, on the app it doesn’t list Max either. I even deleted the app off my TV and redownloaded. There’s no way for me to unsubscribe. How can I unsubscribe 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cannot Unsubscribe from Max thru Roku TV

Jump to solution

Welcome, @Njbt91.

Thanks for taking the time to post it here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're having trouble unsubscribing from Max through your Roku TV. We want to assist you in any way we can.

Have you tried canceling the subscription through your Roku account on the website? If not, we recommend trying it to see if it does the trick.

Try this...

To cancel a subscription on the website:

1. Sign in to my.roku.comand go to My Subscriptions.
  2. Under Active subscriptions, select the subscription you want to cancel.
  3. Select Manage subscription and then select Turn off auto-renew. Turning off auto-renew means you've canceled your subscription and will not be billed for it in the future.
  4. After canceling your subscription, you'll continue to have access to it until the end of your current billing cycle.

Important note: If the cancellation option is unavailable, the subscription is managed directly through the streaming service provider, not through Roku. In this case, reach out to the service provider directly to cancel your subscription.

For more information, you can check out this support article on how to turn off auto-renew and cancel a subscription.

Let us know if this resolves your issue.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, @Njbt91.

Thanks for taking the time to post it here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're having trouble unsubscribing from Max through your Roku TV. We want to assist you in any way we can.

Have you tried canceling the subscription through your Roku account on the website? If not, we recommend trying it to see if it does the trick.

Try this...

To cancel a subscription on the website:

1. Sign in to my.roku.comand go to My Subscriptions.
  2. Under Active subscriptions, select the subscription you want to cancel.
  3. Select Manage subscription and then select Turn off auto-renew. Turning off auto-renew means you've canceled your subscription and will not be billed for it in the future.
  4. After canceling your subscription, you'll continue to have access to it until the end of your current billing cycle.

Important note: If the cancellation option is unavailable, the subscription is managed directly through the streaming service provider, not through Roku. In this case, reach out to the service provider directly to cancel your subscription.

For more information, you can check out this support article on how to turn off auto-renew and cancel a subscription.

Let us know if this resolves your issue.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Njbt91
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I logged into the service provider (MAX) and it states “ Manage your subscription through your Roku account”. Max is stating it is through Roku, but this is my only Roku account and it does not appear there. 

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Njbt91.

We understand that the above post did not resolve the issue you're currently running into. For further assistance, we've sent you a direct message to expedite the resolution of your concern. 

We are hoping that everything will be sorted out for you soon.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator