Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
underby
Reel Rookie

Re: Billing Help Roku for Disney Electro

Jump to solution

ok so i finally go to someones attention but first i dont care about my privacy on this issue would have rather stayed on public forums so this helps other people that seem to have the same exact problem i do.  The same problem that still is happening when i have already stated it but have yet to still hear an answer. You need me to state my problems again when its already been said and supposedly read first leading to this pull into a private session? Im waiting for your reply about my issue.

0 Kudos
Nevin2014

Jump to solution

Hi i charge for 7.99 i dnt know i did not order anything reverse my money back to my account the last four digit to the card 2239.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Nevin2014,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Please be aware that all transactions from Roku appear with the company name ("Roku") on credit card and bank statements.

In addition, have you verified that you currently do not have any active subscriptions by logging into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and clicking Manage your subscriptions?

I would highly recommend creating a Roku PIN for your account to avoid any further unwanted purchases on your Roku account in the future. For more information about using a Roku PIN, visit our Support page here: How to create, reset, find, or delete your PIN for your Roku account | Official Roku Support 

We also recommend that you course this through our Account, Payments & Subscription Support team here so they may be able to appropriately assist you with this matter.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Djdbxid

Jump to solution

@loridoyle I had a charge that I don't remember making as well, I may have done it or may not have. I called my bank and they were able to cancel future charges, I wasn't interested in getting a refund as it was only 7.99 a month, but you can try if that is what you want. My bank was successful in canceling the future charges.

0 Kudos
dolundie

Re: Billing Help for Disney Electro

Jump to solution

This is incorrect. the "Disney Electro" charge that you might be seeing is simply because it ought to say "Disney Electronic Payment renewal" but there aren't enough spaces on your cell phone app (maybe you are looking at your bank statement on the bank app).

I got a $117.68 charge on my bank and just now (even on a Martin Luther King federal holiday) I was able to call and talk to a live agent (I was only on hold for 6-7 minutes so that's not to bad) and I found out that this $117 was an automatic electronic renewal for Disney plus Channel.

The person on the line helped point this out to me and showed me how to pull up the Disney App and turn off the auto renewal as well as turn it off on the ROKU app.

ROKU is an upstanding company and will stand behind their products and services.

It is important that people log-on every now and then and check to see what subscriptions they have and what they are paying for. This info is all found under "Manage My Subscriptions"

The service number to chat with an agent is 816-272-8106. That's the number I called, and I found that number on the ROKU help area of the home page. (And if kids get a hold of a remote, they certainly can download stuff or sign up for subscriptions, so families must constantly be checking on that, through the ROKU app.) There needs to be a PIN set up that kids can't get past.

Thank you, ROKU.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

how to cancel my subscription to Roko for Disney Elect

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @aoburnettejr,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

You may unsubscribe from the channels from your TV or online account.

To cancel or unsubscribe from your Roku streaming device:

1. Press the Home button on Roku remote on your Roku remote
  2. Highlight the channel you want to cancel
  3. Press the * button on Roku remote on your remote to open the options menu
  4. Select Manage subscription
  5. To unsubscribe, select Cancel subscription
  6. To confirm, select Cancel subscription
  7. Select Done

To cancel or unsubscribe from a mobile device or PC

1. Sign in to your Roku account
  2. Select Manage your subscriptions
  3. Select the channel or subscription under Active subscriptions
  4. Select Turn off auto-renew
  5. Choose a cancellation reason to complete the process and select Continue to cancel

Note: Subscriptions purchased directly from a service provider or otherwise purchased outside the Channel Store or The Roku Channel will not appear on the Subscriptions page. Contact your service provider directly with any subscription or billing questions.

You may also refer to this link: How to unsubscribe, cancel, or turn off auto-renew for a subscription | Roku

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact Roku support.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
acg

Jump to solution

I cancelled the subscription with Disney+ and Roku months ago.  Disney shows that I do not have a subscription.  Roku shows that I have no subscription to Disney.  Still I received a notice of payment for Disney again today.  So I went into my paypal account and cancelled the automatic payment.  I am confident that is where the problem is.  Roku and Disney have you sign up for auto payment.  So it just keeps happening unless you stop the autopay in your paypal account or whatever method of electronic payment you previously set up.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @acg

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

To receive additional aid with any matters related to your account or billing, please contact our Support team directly through the following link: https://support.roku.com/contactus. Once on the page, select the 'Account, Payments & Subscription' option. Our Support team is best equipped to assist you in such circumstances.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We will be locking this thread because of its outdated status. If you are still having issues related to this thread, please look through the Community for another thread that addresses the same problem. If there aren't any existing threads, you are more than welcome to create a new one.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos