Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kimgrimm

Being charged for Philo and it was cancelled 10/01/2023

I have cancelled Philo and it shows on my account that it was cancelled 10/01/2023 but you are still taking it out of my checking account.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RF2016
Channel Surfer

Re: Being charged for Philo and it was cancelled 10/01/2023

Maybe you should contact your bank or card issuer, I think some of these apps have different purposes and the intentions are not good, I say this because I ordered Philo on a free trial, it gave the first option as roku pay, it didn't go through roku for whatever reason has a hold on my account, mind you I pay for other services using the same payment method but through paypal, I was declined or rather it said it doesnt accept that payment type... Starz also said that but it accepted payments through roku through paypal, I cancelled MgM, Starz and Showtime/Paramount because these are in the Philo app.  My card is valid because I pay for Hulu and Disney with it and that payment works just fine.  I have noticed that my bill dates change alot in these apps, not sure why roku or those apps are doing that... my card issuer looks at these constant date changes as suspicous and it gets my card locked, like my bill dates is the first for one app, the second for another but not they were billing on the tenth of the month with no explanation, I have contacted these apps and requested that they remain on the same date each month...  But they dont, I am going to take your complaint and my experience as a sign that maybe Philo isnt for me.  The denial is for my protection, nothing is wrong with my card, but these apps businesses are doing shady things and roku doesn't always respond to things and when they do its not always as helpful as most would like.. I wont be purchasing anymore roku products, when my devices give out I will go with a different business

0 Kudos