Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BHappy

Being billed for Roku subscription when I have a Roku TV why

Jump to solution

Why am I being billed for a subscription to Roku when I have a Roku TV? B when I bought my Roku TVi didn't know I would be billed for a subscription with Roku.

Does Roku actually answer our questions?

I have canceled the two prescriptions I've had with Roku hopefully I will not be charged for them again.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Being billed for Roku subscription when I have a Roku TV why

Jump to solution

Sometimes you'll get a response from a moderator.  Sometimes it's helpful and sometimes it's just a link to a help page (and sometimes it misses the point of the question altogether 🙄).  This "community" is mostly users trying to help other users.

There's no such thing as a "Roku subscription".  Roku devices are free to use.  There are many services that you can subscribe to through Roku, but that's not the same thing.  I suspect you had one (or two) of those.  You can see any of those subscriptions by logging into your account at https://my.roku.com using the email address that's displayed on your TV under Settings->System->About.  While you're there, I strongly recommend adding a PIN to your account so that purchases/subscriptions can't be made without it.  In fact, if you're not planning on subscribing to anything, you can remove your payment information altogether.

Final note:  beware of scams!  Scammers can make their charges look legitimate by including "Roku" in the description that shows up on your statement, but that doesn't mean the charge came from Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Being billed for Roku subscription when I have a Roku TV why

Jump to solution

Sometimes you'll get a response from a moderator.  Sometimes it's helpful and sometimes it's just a link to a help page (and sometimes it misses the point of the question altogether 🙄).  This "community" is mostly users trying to help other users.

There's no such thing as a "Roku subscription".  Roku devices are free to use.  There are many services that you can subscribe to through Roku, but that's not the same thing.  I suspect you had one (or two) of those.  You can see any of those subscriptions by logging into your account at https://my.roku.com using the email address that's displayed on your TV under Settings->System->About.  While you're there, I strongly recommend adding a PIN to your account so that purchases/subscriptions can't be made without it.  In fact, if you're not planning on subscribing to anything, you can remove your payment information altogether.

Final note:  beware of scams!  Scammers can make their charges look legitimate by including "Roku" in the description that shows up on your statement, but that doesn't mean the charge came from Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.