Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doglover75

Being billed for NFL+ by Roku when i subscribed on NFL.com for annual fee.

Jump to solution

I paid for NFL+ for an entire year on the NFL.com website and have an account there. Why am I being billed for NFL months for $7.99?  This has been since January 2024. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Being billed for NFL+ by Roku when i subscribed on NFL.com for annual fee.

Jump to solution

Hi, @doglover75.

Welcome aboard to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know you're being billed for NFL+ through Roku while you already paid for an annual subscription directly to the channel provider. We'd like to investigate the issue you're running into.

For us to know more about your concern, try checking the following points to isolate the problem:

• How many Roku devices do you have at home? If you have multiple Roku devices, try checking if all your devices are linked to one account. You can check that by going to Settings > System > About. It is possible that one of your Roku devices is linked to a different account, and you're subscribed to NFL+ through Roku to that account, which will explain why you're being charged.
  • Do you have access to your Roku account? If so, try canceling the subscription by logging in to your Roku account, then under active subscriptions, find the channel you want to cancel, then click turn off auto-renew. You will not be billed again after canceling the channel subscription.
  • Are you subscribed to a free trial before subscribing through the Channel Provider? Free trials must be canceled before the free trial period ends to avoid recurring subscription charges.
  • Lastly, check if your credit card information is shared with your family. It's also possible that one of your family members subscribed unintentionally to NFL+ without their awareness. To avoid unintentional charges, creating a Roku PIN as a preventive measure is important.

If the double-billing charges are still not located, the best option is to seek help from our Accounts and billing team for further assistance. 

We hope everything will be sorted out for you soon.

All the best,
Emman  

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Being billed for NFL+ by Roku when i subscribed on NFL.com for annual fee.

Jump to solution

Hi, @doglover75.

Welcome aboard to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know you're being billed for NFL+ through Roku while you already paid for an annual subscription directly to the channel provider. We'd like to investigate the issue you're running into.

For us to know more about your concern, try checking the following points to isolate the problem:

• How many Roku devices do you have at home? If you have multiple Roku devices, try checking if all your devices are linked to one account. You can check that by going to Settings > System > About. It is possible that one of your Roku devices is linked to a different account, and you're subscribed to NFL+ through Roku to that account, which will explain why you're being charged.
  • Do you have access to your Roku account? If so, try canceling the subscription by logging in to your Roku account, then under active subscriptions, find the channel you want to cancel, then click turn off auto-renew. You will not be billed again after canceling the channel subscription.
  • Are you subscribed to a free trial before subscribing through the Channel Provider? Free trials must be canceled before the free trial period ends to avoid recurring subscription charges.
  • Lastly, check if your credit card information is shared with your family. It's also possible that one of your family members subscribed unintentionally to NFL+ without their awareness. To avoid unintentional charges, creating a Roku PIN as a preventive measure is important.

If the double-billing charges are still not located, the best option is to seek help from our Accounts and billing team for further assistance. 

We hope everything will be sorted out for you soon.

All the best,
Emman  

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos