Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tkdsue
Reel Rookie

Re: Already have active subscription

I tried to sign up for AMC+ and updated all my Roku information, etc., but when I try to open it on my tv, I get the ' Already have an active subscription' window, and I have logged out, logged back in, checked to make sure the email address is correct, all that stuff, and no luck. It's like it's in an endless loop.  I ended up cancelling my AMC+ subscription because I can't even watch the free week they give you.  I was on Roku chat for a long time and they had no idea what was going on.  It's been extremely frustrating.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Tkdsue

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on AMC+ or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel AMC+ and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Tkdsue
Reel Rookie

I tried the suggestions, no luck.  It's only happening with AMC+, though, thankfully.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Tkdsue 

Thanks for the reply.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Star505

Same with Paramount plus, I had renewed my subscription then when it took me to the main paramount screen it shows: get started, watch free episodes, or sign out. So you click get started, and it says you already have an account to please sign in, which you can only click the OK button which just takes you back to the same main page with the same 3 options. Pressing the star button on the app on roku doesn't give me the Manage Subscription option. On paramount plus dot com, it wants me to get the subscription again, I tried, only for there to be an error when clicking the pay button. 

0 Kudos
Tkdsue
Reel Rookie

If you bought the subscription through Roku, try clicking on The Roku Channel and find the app from there.  I had the same issue with AMC+, and Roku couldn't help but when I emailed AMC+ for help, they suggested that and it worked.

I am having this issue. It is basically acknowledging that I have active subscription which I do for a full year at the time I purchased up until 01/2024 but I cannot access the content. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jmfrancis25,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having difficulties accessing your channel subscription to Roku. We would be happy to look further into this issue but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Which streaming channels are you experiencing this issue on?
  • Could you please verify if the issue you are running into is when you're accessing the content in a standalone channel or through The Roku channel?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue with AMC+. I bought the annual subscription in February 2023 and just last month I turned off the auto renew feature (which I think is what’s causing my issue). If I go to Roku to “manage subscriptions” it tells me that I have access to AMC+ until February 2, 2024. There is also an option to resubscribe, but I think if I do that it will repurchase a new plan, even though I have already paid for a year. Every time I login (via Roku, AMC+ app, etc.) it says, “your account has been created” and my only options are to choose the monthly or yearly plan.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@533, do you have access to AMC+ through "The Roku Channel"?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos