Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Biteme2

99cents advertisement. I was charged $10.99

Roku is advertising .99 Showtime. I ordered and was charged $10.99. 
Deceptive, Bait and Switch, Totally Dishonest!! 
No more Roku. That’s the last Time I try .99 cent 3 month advertisement. 
You stole $10.00 from me. 

11 REPLIES 11
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 99cents advertisement. I was charged $10.99

@Biteme2 

Where was the ad? Was it on the Roku main menu? Inside Roku Channel?

There are three different ways to subscribe to and watch Showtime on Roku:

1. Directly from Showtime's Website using the Showtime app
  2. Via Roku Pay using the Showtime app
  3. Roku Channel subscription

A price advertised via one method will probably be for that method only. That is, if Roku Channel is offering a 99¢ deal, subscribing via Roku Pay with the Showtime app won't have that deal.

Likewise, if Showtimes is offering (and advertising) it directly, using Roku Channel won't get you that deal.

So, where did you see the ad? And how did you subscribe?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
djs7Stan
Reel Rookie

This just happened to me as well.  I saw it on my Roku yesterday as a main screen advertisement.  Went on my Roku account today and there was a trial promotion for 3 months of Showtime for .99 per month for 3 months.  The ad said it was active from 4/20-4/25.  When I clicked on the order now it charged me full monthly price for showtime.

0 Kudos
LesnarScurll
Channel Surfer

Same here! Just saw the offer at the bottom left of my screen and then charged $10.99! No customer support anywhere! If Roku is going to scam us I’m heading to straight to Amazon fire stick. This is ridiculous unless they fix the price or allow us to cancel! Seriously what gives here?!

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@djs7Stan @LesnarScurll 

First, go to https://support.roku.com/contactus and submit a billing issue ticket.

Then reach out to @Jeremiah-Roku or one of the other billing contacts about it for follow up.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
djs7Stan
Reel Rookie

I was able to resolve the issue by reaching out to CS through Facebook.

0 Kudos
kenshearer
Channel Surfer

Hello,

I also saw the same offer on my Roku/TV screen. Went to the Roku Channel. Clicked on "Premium" from the side 

-menu. Then to "for info", then the "*" to learnn more. From there it repeated the $0.99 for 3-months. I believe it was there that asked for my PIN. Which I entered in and it activated my subscription.

A few minutes later I received the message that I was charged $11.59.

I found this topic and filed an message about the problem with Roku Support.

Thank you for opening this topic, I did not know I how to contact Roku report this problem.

Ken

0 Kudos
kenshearer
Channel Surfer

99cents advertisement. I was charged $10.99

@kenshearer wrote:

Hello,

I also saw the same offer on my Roku/TV screen. Went to the Roku Channel. Clicked on "Premium" from the side 

-menu. Then to "for info", then the "*" to learnn more. From there it repeated the $0.99 for 3-months. I believe it was there that asked for my PIN. Which I entered in and it activated my subscription.

A few minutes later I received the message that I was charged $11.59.

I found this topic and filed an message about the problem with Roku Support.

Thank you for opening this topic, I did not know I how to contact Roku report this problem.

Ken

VXI/MA-Yeshamae Mosura, Apr 25, 2022, 12:05 PDT:

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for reaching out to Roku customer support. This is Mae from the account and billing department.

Upon checking on your Roku account, I can see that this is not your first time purchasing a Showtime subscription on your Roku account. The promotion is only available to first-time subscribers, and you have purchased Showtime on 11/30/20 for the promotional price of $1.04.

Please let us know if you need further assistance or how I can help regarding this concern. Please do not hesitate to contact us. We are very glad to assist you here.

Regards,
Mae
Roku Customer Support

0 Kudos
Joseph-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey @kenshearer,

We're glad we were able to resolve your issue via email.

We've also reached out to @Biteme2 over email in response to this issue. Please keep an eye on your inbox as well as spam folder for details.

Thank you both for reaching out and for bearing with us while we sort this out.
The accounts impacted by this issue have been fixed and will be charged correctly for the remainder of the promotion period.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any more questions or concerns. We're always happy to help.

0 Kudos
Rus-L

I had this same problem with the most recent promotion when signing up for Epix.

They “fixed" it in that they refunded all my money and cancelled my subscription entirely.  Not exactly the outcome I was looking for…

But hey, at least I know who NOT to do business with in the future.

0 Kudos