Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tinea20
Reel Rookie

wifi connected but network unavailable

Jump to solution

My Roku Express 3930X is receiving network error codes (such as 003 and 014) despite connectivity. It started about a week ago. I have tried everything I can think of. I have tried:

Checking connection
Set up connection 
Resetting the router/modem (everything else in the house is connected. I have 2.4 and 5 GHz capability with both illuminated.)
Unplugging and restarting router/modem
Unplugging the Roku and reconnecting after 30 seconds
System update
Network connection reset 
System reset
Factory reset

After the factory reset, it failed to authenticate for a while because the email wouldn't send and then the screen wouldn't refresh. It finally went through.

I set up my Netflix login. Afterward, clicking the Netflix icon takes me to a blank black screen.

Amazon sign-in worked at first but now produces an error message.

AppleTV gave error codes about connectivity until suddenly working. And then not working again.

Roku help says my device is not supported for calling in.

At this point, my Roku is an unreliable, unusable paperweight. Ideas appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tinea20
Reel Rookie

Re: wifi connected but network unavailable

Jump to solution

Update: My internet provider, Spectrum, had "quarantined my modem". It was not a Roku problem. Thank you for suggestions for help. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@tinea20 

Your Roku 3930 is only 2.4ghz capable.  If you have a cable ISP (Xfinity/Comcast, Cox, or ATT), then go into your router settings and change/edit the "Wireless Mode" of your 2.4ghz band to b/g/n.

After making the change, restart both the router and your Roku device.

Feel free to post back with update if still having issues or need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
tinea20
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply. The 2.4 GHz setting is already b/g/n. There is an option for up to 54, 145, or 300 Mbps. 300 is selected. Does Roku 3930 require less?

0 Kudos
tinea20
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update: My internet provider, Spectrum, had "quarantined my modem". It was not a Roku problem. Thank you for suggestions for help. 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@tinea20 

Thanks for providing an update and good to hear you got it resolved.  👍

---

Spectrum has reportedly been disabling users' 2.4ghz bands without their knowledge.  Not sure if this is what they term "quarantine" or if unrelated.  Glad they worked with you to get back up and running. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos