Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maria23

help with not connected or advanced wireless reciever

I switched my roku stick to a different tv used it, then when i tried plugging it back into the original TV it said something about not being able to connect to the advanced wireless reciever. i unplugged and plugged back in everything like 20 times until it worked. Now it randomly restarts and shows not connected in the top right corner the remote wont work to move it to a different screen but it can turn the volume up and down and turn off the TV

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: help with not connected or advanced wireless reciever

Hi @maria23,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We're happy to assist you with your problem with your Roku stick. How are you powering your device? Did you connect your Advanced Wireless Receiver (AWR)? Please be advised that your Roku stick should not be plugged into the TV's USB port but directly into a wall outlet. Also, the Roku stick should be plugged into the TV's HDMI; the AWR into the Roku stick; the USB extender into the Advanced Wireless Receiver; and the extender into the USB adapter and the wall. The Advanced Wireless Receiver (AWR) should be included in your device's box.

Warm regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.