Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WBCL-IT
Reel Rookie

error 42-a7c70ece on Express+

Hi,

We're a radio station and I developed a Roku app for streaming our stations.  Everything works great outside our office network/wifi.  And it used to work fine inside as well.  But for some dumb reason, I now can't stream ANY audio based app on my Express+.  I figure it's a firewall or wifi issue.  Anyone know of any special firewall rules needed?  Both Firewall and wifi APs are Meraki.  Any thoughts?

Our apps are WBCL, Rhythm & Praise 94.1, and WBCL Christmas.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: error 42-a7c70ece on Express+

When you say "ANY", do you really mean "any" or "any of yours"?  You'll have to excuse me, but when I hear "audio app" I automatically think of Radio Paradise (because I'm the developer).  Does it work?

My guess would be that you can't access the public IP address from within the local network - it's a router issue.  I don't know if I'm saying that right, but I have the same problem when I'm testing URLs with my domain name from my local network.  I don't know exactly what the issue is (I'm no networking expert), but I kind of solved it by putting an entry in my router's host table to map my domain name to a local IP address.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.