Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Koechophe

Wifi not connecting all the sudden, 14.40 error code

I'm at my wit's end trying to troubleshoot this thing. I unplugged my roku, and after plugging it back in, it inexplicably hates my wifi network despite no changes happening. It refuses to connect. Here's what I've done to troubleshoot:

-Reset the roku

-Reset the roku + reboot the modem

-Reset the roku + reboot the router

-Factory reset the roku

-Switched my network over to strictly 2.4 ghz instead of dual-band 

-Ensured my router was set to b/g/n 

Nothing. Refuses to connect, spits out an error 14.40 or 14.30 every time. The stupid thing is, it connects with my mobile hotspot just fine, so I know it can connect. I have literally no idea why it's being so onery. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: Wifi not connecting all the sudden, 14.40 error code

@KoechopheTwo options from what I can tell: 1) install a network checking app like WiFi Analyzer for Android or something similar if you use Apple, then once installed, see which channel numbers are the most congested and switch to one that's not; 2) Go to the support page and chat with a tech agent since there's a chance the device is defective..Is it brand new and if not, where did you get it? For devices still under warranty, if tech agents troubleshooting procedures don't work, they'll provide an RMA number and it will be shipped to a repair center and replaced

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
Koechophe

Re: Wifi not connecting all the sudden, 14.40 error code

After playing with it more and finding some obscure comments on the internet, I decided to test it with an altered password that contained no special characters, and it went through just fine. It looks like, for whatever reason, it was choking on those even though I'd used them previously and had no issues. 

0 Kudos