Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Capkwirk
Reel Rookie

Re: Wifi Connections constantly disconnecting

I went through the same thing. I have four Roku devices - one stick and three ultras. The stick was never a problem - the ultras gave me fits. Finally figured it out. Go to settings - set up connection - wireless. your tv will recommend the 5 - do not use this. You will most likely have several options. You will have two that look the same except one ends with a 5. Don't use this one. Use the one that looks the same but does not end with a 5. Continue through the set up. THEN GO BACK IN AND TURN OFF THE BANDWIDTH SAVER. mine did not work without doing this - I tried it both ways. When you turn your TV back on and you get the message no signal (or however your tv communicates this message) just hit home and the roku screen should pop up.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Model 3900X

Serial # YG0091699594

Version 10.5.0 build 4208-51

Device ID C33929699594

ISP: Tek Savvy

0 Kudos
TJord

Danny

I too am having a similar problem.  I have 4 Tvs with a Roku attached.  All of a sudden, one Roku stop working and I was not able to get it to connect to the WIFI.  2 weeks later, a second Roku stop connecting and today a 3rd Roku stop working.  I called Roku and was told that for $69 they could correct the issue.  I was told there is a software issue that was blocking me from connecting to system and that they could correct the issue with my account.  I am not sure if it was the correct number - but my question is this correct?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @BirdManOfBtown @TJord

Thanks for the posts.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, if the affected device/s is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
julies

Well mine will connect sometimes why is that? I am on 2.4 have my router 10' from it and my roku is new out of the box. Are you all knowingly selling bad products? I will not but another.. You can't talk to anyone for help.. What kind of business has no responsibility for what it sells?

Espresso55
Reel Rookie

My solution was simple and elegant: replace the Rokus with FireSticks! They have great remotes with Alexa built-in. 🙂

i'm not familiar with fire sticks.  i've been using roqu for a few years now and just

started having trouble tonight.  it plays and then goes off and the connectin circle goes round and round and connects after a few minutes.  the app i pick comes on for a few minutes and then goes off again.  it's not the internet connection because everything else is working fine-my home phone line, my cell, my desktop.

i can't reach anyone on the phone at roque to speak to.  very irritating.

0 Kudos
Chickadee856
Reel Rookie

I have a 4660x- Roku ultra which frequently disconnects from my Wi-Fi network. I'll be in the middle of watching a show and all of a sudden there is a message that I'm not connected to the network.  It's been going on for a few months.  My ultra and my router are in the same room so proximity isn't an issue.  I have to exit the app I am using and go into settings and reconnect to my Wi-Fi network and then go back to what I was watching when I was so rudely interrupted.  My Roku 3 is still working on this router so I don't believe that the 2.4 GHz versus 5 GHz is the issue. I don't watch the Roku 3 enough to know whether it is dropping off the network too. My TCL Roku TV has done it a few times, but the ultra is the worst.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

In order for us to better assist you, we would need more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-who is your ISP (internet service provider)
-router brand and model number
-wireless frequency you are using

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
poiuyt748

So i have been having the exact same issues with my roku devices. Connects and maybe 30 seconds later, disconnects for no reason. No other issues from the half dozen other things connected. First, I tried all the things online about resetting the router, changing the 2.4ghz channel and nothing worked. As I was looking through my routers logs I found the answer. For some reason, every time the roku connected, about 20-30 seconds later my router was registering a DOS attack. EVERY SINGLE TIME. so the router was kicking it off the network. Fixed it by turning off the automatic DOS protection stuff. Not sure if that can be done on every router though and probably not advisable anyways. Using only roku express on a CAX80 Nighthawk router. ALL 4 DEVICES including 2 brand new ones out of the box are doing it. None were doing it maybe 3 weeks ago. No change to equipment in that time
0 Kudos