Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Perot18

Wi-Fi change with only online remote

I moved and I had lost my remote a while back but it didn’t matter because I was already on the correct Wi-Fi and so I was able to use the app remote. Now that I have moved I can’t connect my phone remote to my Roku itself because it’s not connected to the Wi-Fi.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Wi-Fi change with only online remote

Do you know the SSID (network name) and password of the last network your Roku device was connected to?  If so, the easiest thing to do is to just configure your new Wi-Fi to match the old.  If not, you need a physical remote.  If you know the information for the old network then there's also a way to use multiple devices (a phone with hotspot and another phone or tablet) to get it connected to the new Wi-Fi, but you must know the information for the last network the Roku was connected to.  Depending on your model of Roku (i.e., if it's not a stick) then another easy solution is to get a cheap universal remote that supports Roku devices.  That won't work if your device is a stick that plugs into the TV without the need for an HDMI cable.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos