Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjvaltz

Which ROKU remotes or combos receive 5G transmissions?

Which ROKU products receive 5G?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Which ROKU remotes or combos receive 5G transmissions?

According to an article on Alphr.com by William Stanton:

Currently, only Roku Ultra, Stick, and Stick + can connect to the 5GHz Wi-Fi. Furthermore, older Roku models that support dual-band such as Premiere 4620, 4630, and Premiere-Plus can also pick up the 5GHz. In addition, Roku TV can also support the 5Ghz connection.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Which ROKU remotes or combos receive 5G transmissions?

@jjvaltz, if you're referring to the 5G cell phone network then the answer is none.  All of the current models except for the least expensive Express model support 5GHz Wi-Fi.

Roku Players | Roku

Roku Voice Remotes use Wi-Fi direct and communicate directly with Roku devices on whatever Wi-Fi channel the device is currently using.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.