Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the IP address of my Roku device?

Hello,
I need to manually connect my Roku device. The Roku remote I lost, and I was using the Roku app on my phone, but now my wi-fi booster isn't working and I'm unable to get my Roku back on the original network.

Is it possible to manually connect to my Roku device by determining its IP address?

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
MarcLeroy
Channel Surfer

Re: What is the IP address of my Roku device?

I'm even not sure about this Roku IP Address. But when I need to know my computer IP Address I use Google for this kind of information. You can try there if you have some time. All the best!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Net-connected devices have no innate IP numbers.   IP numbers are assigned by the router each time the router connects to the device, so if your Roku is not connected to your local network it has no IP number.

If you have access to your router's control panel, you should be able to find a listing of the connected devices and their assigned IP numbers.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
andyross
Roku Guru

If you have a non-stick Roku, you can find many universal remotes at a local store that can control a Roku if you need it NOW. Some stores may also sell Roku remotes that are RF-based that will also work with the stick models, in addition to regular Roku's. Otherwise, you can find some online if you don't mind waiting for shipping.

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories 

This is available at WalMart, and it says it's available at my local store, and may be available at many others.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-4-Device-Universal-Remote-Streaming-Player-Compatible/237559376?athbd... 

0 Kudos
MarcLeroy
Channel Surfer

Thank you so much for your helpful post here. I will definitely take a look at this one. 

0 Kudos
Llively

I cannot get my roku remote app to connect to my roku device that is set up to my TV

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Is your Roku already connected to your Wi-Fi and able to stream shows?

0 Kudos
MarcLeroy
Channel Surfer

Not connected yet. But I would like to connect it soon. Thank you!

0 Kudos