Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a new Wi-Fi temporarily

My home Wi-Fi will be out for a week. I have another Wi-Fi available via a hotspot. If I switch my Roku over to the hotspot Wi-Fi will I lose all of the subscription settings related to accounts like Amazon prime, Apple TV, Netflix, and others? This would mean I would have to sign into everything now and then again in one week, which seems like a big hassle.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Using a new Wi-Fi temporarily

@NorthernLights 

The subscriptions are tied to the Roku account (the account email), not your network connection.  You can change your network connection (and swap between them) without losing access or going through additional logins.

When you connect it to your temporary network (hotspot), just go to Settings/Network/Setup Connection and point it to the new network.  Roku devices are designed with portability/travel in mind so can easily switch between networks and locations.

Only real time you should have to login again to a subscription is if you remove a channel/app or you factory reset your device.  Neither of these procedures are required or needed to simply switch between networks.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102