Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgg9
Streaming Star

Re: To everyone having the same "suddenly no wifi" problem

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:

@dgg9 wrote:

There’s no human presence from Roku here on the forum. All “danny” posts look automated and are never specifically responsive.  There’s clearly a raging pandemic of wireless problems, but no human response on the forum.   

You can repeat it all you want, but it's not true. Enjoy life and stay safe...

I hope you're getting decent $$ from Roku to shill for them.

Here on planet Earth, I can see with my own eyes many many dozens of people frustrated to wit's end by total lack of support or human response from the Roku team.  Many openly declaring they're done with Roku.  If there were ANY human Roku employees monitoring this board, there would be some kind of responsive post to this.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@dgg9 wrote:

@atc98092 wrote:

@dgg9 wrote:

There’s no human presence from Roku here on the forum. All “danny” posts look automated and are never specifically responsive.  There’s clearly a raging pandemic of wireless problems, but no human response on the forum.   

You can repeat it all you want, but it's not true. Enjoy life and stay safe...

I hope you're getting decent $$ from Roku to shill for them.

Here on planet Earth, I can see with my own eyes many many dozens of people frustrated to wit's end by total lack of support or human response from the Roku team.  Many openly declaring they're done with Roku.  If there were ANY human Roku employees monitoring this board, there would be some kind of responsive post to this.

I knew someone would finally get around to accusing me of being a shill for them. Not in the least. I'm just willing to be honest and not go ballistic with every problem. And I've had problems as well. @RokuDanny-R is a real person, and as I've stated I've had several PMs with him. It's not a bot. Yes, he follows a script for offering assistance, because in many cases those scripts offer what the user needs. But they don't always, and Roku knows that.

Why they don't have more staff on this board, I have no idea. Myself and others have even offered to be user-moderators, but they don't want non-employees speaking for them. OK, that's understandable. But for whatever reason this pandemic has decimated their support staff. Again, I have no idea why. But they have very few bodies right now. Personally, I'd rather have their developers working on fixing the issues that are being reported, rather than babysitting this forum. Wait until Monday and Danny should be around. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
dgg9
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

This problem has been around for weeks, even months.  Just look at the first time stamps of many of these threads.  I see zero on-point responses from any Roku accounts.  "Covid" is an excuse you're making; it doesn't make sense.  No company can expect hundreds or thousands of customers to just wait around with no information offered.  They'll just buy a different commodity.

As for "Danny," all we have is your unverifiable claims.  His account fails the Turing test.

dgg9
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

PS: I looked at some Amazon reviews of Roku products and I see complaints about zero customer service as far back as 18 months.  So no, I don't buy "Covid."

0 Kudos
icelips
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, apparently tis problem has been around for awhile.  I also have seen posts that date back weeks and months. It just happened to me this week. I just put off dealing with it until today because I knew that it would just wear on my last nerve. And, (sigh) it did. Now, I am just outraged that they have just let this problem fester when they clearly must know about it. There never has been any customer support from these people(?) . Is the whole deal just run by bots? Am I in the Matrix?? Scary.

0 Kudos
icelips
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The situation is not an excuse for this. It is just a very convenient reply to their complete lack of customer service. When I initially purchased the Rock sticks, I did have a small problem installing. I tried and tried to get some customer service to no avail. (Waaay pre-situation nonsense) I should have just aborted the mission to avoid cable right then. IDK what to do.  

0 Kudos
ljk4988

Jump to solution

Ii just tried using my phone as a hotspot hoping it would fix my issue, but unfortunately it did not work for me. 

0 Kudos
icelips
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah, it won't fix it. I tried Everything before I went on here. Apparently, there was an update that is either not compatible with their equipment or possibly with some networks. The one that went out on me is the one I use most frequently, in my living room. Just pretty tired of the whole thing. 

0 Kudos
ljk4988

Jump to solution

Me too. I have three Roku Premiere devices that have worked well for three years. Beginning last week, none of them can connect to the internet. All my other devices are working on the same internet. I have restarted the Roku devices, my router, and done a factory reset on the Roku. Nothing works. It's very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@atc98092it does get old dealing with brats and trolls who arent being genuine

and are simply inept. They second guess simple steps offered and dont follow through.

They also post bunk. I've been accused of working for Roku many times.

Its tiresome while youre just trying to help.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos