Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: To everyone having the same "suddenly no wifi" problem

Jump to solution

@FMcDR wrote:

My frustration is that Roku knows full well about this problem and keeps selling tvs with the problem. 

Roku isn't selling any TVs. Those are manufactured and sold by someone other than Roku. All they do is license the operating system. Yes, it's frustrating, I understand. But the TV manufacturers are the ones that appear to be using hardware that has issues, especially TCL. They are the ones that need to resolve the problem. I have two Roku TVs: a Sharp 4K and an Insignia 720p set. Both connect to the WiFi fine.

The connection problem with cable modems isn't really a Roku issue either, other than the flaw in the modem firmware seems to affect Roku devices the most. Or perhaps we only hear about the problem with Roku devices because they are such a popular product. The flaw might impact other electronic devices that we've never heard of. And it's specific to the model of cable modem. My Xfinity Gateway modem worked just fine with the mode on G/N, but their other modems have the issue. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
FMcDR
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@atc98092whether it's manufacturing or licensing an operating system this has been an ongoing problem for many years that Roku has been aware of and done nothing to fix it or remove their name. Your lucky you have two tvs that actually work. Unfortunately hundreds of us have tvs that don't. And I guess a lot of our tvs decided to out on the exact same day as a number of their others products.

Sorry but I've been through all this before and the Roku staff was rude. I only stuck my head back in this thread because I got an email about one of the posts and that person is currently having problems and was asking Roku why they aren't doing anything etc etc. Basically where I was in Jan 2021 when I spent days and days trying to figure out what was going on. The fact that after all this time people are still complaining about the same problems just bugged the heck out of me.

0 Kudos
ShogunOfHarlem
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Just got the voice remote pro and try to use it on a livingroom and a bedroom tv. If I turn on the bedroom tv it turns the living room tv too. I can not navigate on the bedroom tv. I go out and turn the LR tv off come back to use bedroom and the remote stops working and the wifi in the entire house shuts off. I unplug the bedroom tv and try to use the livingroom tv but have to reset the router. When it comes on the wifi is spotty at best and the picture quality is awful. This started the moment I began using the voice pro. What is going on and why is it doing this? 

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@ShogunOfHarlem, are these both Roku TVs?  Some of what you're experiencing I can't explain, but the remote can only be paired to one Roku device - you can't move it back and forth and expect it to work.  If they're not Roku TVs, the remote can only be configured to control one brand of TV, so if they're different brands the TV controls probably won't work on both.

Give us more information about your setup and we can provide more guidance.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R if I could figure out how to pm you I would. I have this same issue on two boxes. Have tried available solutions, and am still having issues with getting them to connect to wifi. 

0 Kudos
sircals

Jump to solution

Yeah, I had that same problem.  I called them the very next day, explained the problem and told them I

wanted to return the item, [ Roku Ultra ].  Guy said he would email me a return postage paid label.  I never 

got the label, I called again, some other guy said I would have to pay for the postage.  I mailed it back, cost me $17.05.  I emailed Roku to ask for them to pay me for this, I got the run around.

I have emailed and texted copies of the receipt, that they asked for.  I keep getting some email asking me what the problem is.  It has been a month now, and nothing.  Everyone I talk to, from now on, will know how I was treated by Roku.  There are other alternatives to Roku, quite a few actually.

0 Kudos
ss06470
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

When My Oticon TV device is connected to my Sony Soundbar through two optical connectors my Roku reception takes a dive. I get all kind of messages, "try later" (on a streaming movie) reception stops and the rebooting circle comes on and on, the movie moves on for a minute or two and then the same rebooting circle reappears, "not connected to the Internet" when my reception gets an excellent when tested by the Roku. I have unplugged and replugged the Roku, done the same with my modem many times. Nothing works. The problem began when the Oticon device was connected. Before that Roku reception was excellent. It also returned to being excellent when I disconnected the Oticon. Oticon technical support had no answers and your technical support person wasted a lot of my time supplying serial number on the Roku and the rest of it before telling me that he would get back to me yesterday. He didn't. Do you have any idea whether the bluetooth signal of the Oticon TV device should interfere with the Roku signal?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@ss06470, Bluetooth and 2.4GHz Wi-Fi use the same frequency band, so they can interfere with each other (although they're supposed to handle it).  If your Roku device and your router support 5GHz Wi-Fi, try changing to a 5GHz connection.

If this is all Greek to you, post the model number of your Roku device that's displayed under Settings->System->About and the manufacturer and model of your router (probably written on the back) and someone can look them up.

You can also go into your router's settings and try a different Wi-Fi channel to see if it helps.  Again, with the manufacturer and model of your router someone will be able to help you with the setting.

Getting the two devices as far apart as possible may also help.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ss06470
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks. I'll sell the Oticon if I can

0 Kudos
diminick5

Suddeny no Wi-Fi Connection: I keep getting "Error 014.50"

Jump to solution

Sir,

I moved my modem and router to a different location because my wife didn't like having it in her office.  Since then, I have not been able to reconnect any of my 3 Roku devices.  The internet and Wi-Fi still work great for every other kind of system in the house (computer, cell phone, etc.).  My problem is only with Roku.  I have done everything possible that you have listed...to no avail.  I have restarted my roku, the modem, the router and input the correct passwrod at least 20 times.  I even moved the modem and router back to their original location.  Still, no access via my Roku devices.  Since I reset the Roku, I cannpt even get back to the original homepage so I cannot even go to Settings>System>About.

diminick5@yahoo.com

0 Kudos