Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly unable to connect

After more than a year of connectivity and enjoying streaming via Roku, I am not able to connect to my wifi on any of three TVs in three different rooms. I have followed all connectivity guidelines including unplugging the TV.   I have AT&T.  Extremely frustrated. . .nowhere to turn for answers.

9 REPLIES 9
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Suddenly unable to connect

@Willowsmome 

What are the model numbers of the Roku devices?

Settings > System > About

Also, is a channel listed at Settings > Network > About

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

So you have 3 Roku TV's?  Roku does not make TV's. Which model and make? Or do you have 3 TV's each with a Roku? If so which Roku? A lot of ISP's are forcing certain setting in the modems if you rent the AT&T. Can you elaborate please. 

0 Kudos

All three devices are model no. 3930X.  

Regarding question re channel, the answer is no.

Also, the error code I get is 014.30.  

Thank you.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

So you have the Roku Express model 3930X. Those are not dual band devices. A dual band device can run on 2.4 GHz and 5.0GHz. Your Roku only runs on 2.4. You need to go into your modem settings and reconfigure it. Roku Error Code 014.30 is one of the most common errors that could take place anytime while the streaming of the shows. This generally occurs when a Roku device is unable to receive a strong internet signal or it also generates when the device finds it tough to connect itself with the internet while streaming. The Roku Express you have is the lower end model. If you get something like a Roku Streaming Stick 4K you will better off. 

0 Kudos

Sorry for not being more succinct.  I use Roku wireless receivers, not Roku TVs.  The models are all 3930x.  Sorry, I do not understand the question regarding the modem.  I pay for AT&T wireless service and have an AT&T router.  

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Willowsmome 

The model 3930 Roku Express is a 2.4 GHz 802.11 b/g/n device. Many ISPs have changed their settings on 2.4 GHz networks to g/n (from b/g/n) which will cause it to not connect properly. I don't know that's what's going on, but that's usually what's going on.

If you can change the settings back to b/g/n it may start working again. Or, get your ISP to change it back and to quit messing with it. This is a thing many ISPs have started doing. And it's a pain.

An alternative is to replace the Roku with a dual band device. Changing back to b/g/n is cheaper.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

ReporterARR
Reel Rookie

Thank you!  I fixed it by changing my Wifi settings to b,g,n.

It's working for now 🙂

Valk

I have a Roku Premiere model ##3920 and while it worked last week, now it's no longer connected to my wifi. I've done all recommended (unplugged router & Roku, restart button pushed, called Xfinity to reboot me, system restart multiple times) and no fixes. Do I need to upgrade with a new stick?

0 Kudos
renojim

@Valk, your 3920 can only connect to 2.4GHz Wi-Fi and ISPs have been known to disable it, so first ensure it's enabled and then ensure the wireless mode is set to b/g/n and not g/n.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos