Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eyegor

Streaming stick 4k: hotel/dorm function not working

I have a new streaming stick for k, software version 11.5.0. when trying to connect to the hotels Wi-Fi, one of the following two things happens:

1. It pretends it's connected and goes back to the prior screen

2. It prompts for the I am at a "hotel or college dorm" prompt, which when selected, opens the "please connect to the following Wi-Fi" dialogue, which goes away in less than 5 seconds. I've tried to connect to that Wi-Fi and click the **bleep** button that says yes I accept the hotel's policies, but I can't get it done fast enough. It is drying me me f****** batty.  

Please, please, please do not link to that stupid page that tells me how this is supposed to work because it doesn't work that way. I've tried the network reset, I've tried a factory reset, I've tried connecting to my phone's Wi-Fi first, I've tried sacrificing a goat. Nothing works and now my remote is sticky.

Please help. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Streaming stick 4k: hotel/dorm function not working

@Eyegor 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information:

• serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About
  • hotel you are experiencing this issue with

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos