Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saransk93

Sharp Aquos LC46D85U drops out randomly using Roku

I have a Sharp Aquos LC46D85U television that has an issue just when using my Roku

I have the Roku Ultra as my streaming player

I connect to the internet using a tp-link DECO X20 mesh system  The system reads "Excellent" single reception, the Roku system check also shows "Excellent" system

I was using another flat-screen tv without any issues.

The Sharp works fine with the wireless FIOS box, but when I switch to the Roku unit, the screen will randomly go black and then return to whatever was streaming.

I have tried new cables, move to other HDMI ports, even reset the TV (from Sharp's support) but I still get the black outs.  Is there some basic incompatibility between the Sharp Aquos and the Roku Ultra? 

I am going to change to the Roku Streaming Stick 4K I have been using on another TV to see if a "simpler" streaming unit might be less sensitive or prone to issues.

Any suggestions on a resolution would be helpful - using Cat 5 cable is not an option

Michael

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Sharp Aquos LC46D85U drops out randomly using Roku

Hi @Saransk93

Thank you for the post!

If your Sharp Aquos LC46D85U TV drops out randomly while using Roku, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

• Check the Roku device: Ensure that the Roku device is connected securely to the TV and that the power cable is properly plugged in. Also, check the HDMI cable to ensure that it's not damaged or loose.
  • Restart the Roku device: Try restarting the Roku device by unplugging it from the power source and plugging it back in after a few seconds. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart..
  • Update Roku software: Ensure that the Roku device is running the latest software version. You can check for software updates by going to "Settings" > "System" > "System update" on your Roku device.
  • Check the internet connection: Ensure that the Roku device is connected to the internet and that the internet connection is stable. You can check the internet connection by going to "Settings" > "Network" > "Check connection" on your Roku device.
  • Reset the TV: Try resetting the Sharp Aquos TV by unplugging it from the power source for a few minutes and plugging it back in.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue with your Sharp Aquos LC46D85U TV dropping out randomly while using Roku.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards.
Lianna

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Sharp Aquos LC46D85U drops out randomly using Roku

@Saransk93-

If your Roku has the following menu item:

Settings > System > Power > Auto power savings > After 20 minutes of no interaction

... try deactivating it and see if this helps the situation.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos