Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diverrat

Re: Roku won’t connect to internet after resetting router and factory reset

Model 3920X-Premiere

Ser# YHOOHY294624 (K4297H294624

Software 10.5.0 

Issue 24-469-590

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @diverrat

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

Please keep us posted with the details.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Ahamm923

I have the same issue 

0 Kudos
RebeccAlarc
Channel Surfer

GOOD LUCK!!!! BLUETOOTH IS NEXT TO GO OUT.     It has happened to at least 5 Roku TV's I have owned. I am certain Roku is quite aware of the issue. I suspect that it is implemented into the software to encourage consumers to go buy a later model because it usually happens at or around a specific amount of time after the Roku device is purchased but not quite when the warranty is up. Sometimes people get lucky and a factory reset works but not for long and not more than once.

0 Kudos
Reba1972

It won't connect my neighbor gave me her password for internet 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Reba1972

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

I'd be delighted to take a closer look to see how we can assist. Do you receive an error code or message when connecting to the network? Did you try to connect the device to your home network or to the router?

Furthermore, if the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your hotspot is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.
If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet.

Keep us posted with the details.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
JimM1

I'm having the same issue as Conner, who wrote to you. My internet carrier, Spectrum, tells me my Roku devise needs upgrading or replacement. Roku insists I have a password problem, which Spectrum says isn't so. When I try to connect, I get an error message:   014.40. My product is a Roku Express 3930X. The serial number is X0040 PMV8E2.  The software is:  11.5.0 build 4312 AE. The device ID is: S008204MV8E2.

Spectrum is my internet carrier and the network set-up is Spectrum 5D

Can you help?

Thanks, Jim   Jim.Millman@Incuvate.com

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@JimM1 

Spectrum has previously disabled users' 2.4ghz network band without their knowledge.  You will need the 2.4ghz band Enabled for your 3930 to work. (this device cannot see or use 5ghz band).

Contact Spectrum again, verify that your 2.4ghz is Enabled, and that the "Wireless Mode" is configured to use b/g/n.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos

My roku in my room does this all the time and it takes me about 3 days of of resetting my router and roku. And the voila it works again. But there has to be an easier way to get it working again. Just frustrating. All my other roku work good. Just this one. Ugh!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.